Newcastle 1 - 1 Sunderland - 04/03/12 - post-match reaction from page 42

Beren

Well, what can I say.... this was a proper Derby game. Fierce, thuggish and blood awful at times, but also bloody exciting. We have the players to win and should have won but I'm happy we didn't lose which we could have done. We started the half awful and I put that down to Pardew's tactics which never changed during the 1st half despite things clearly not working. R.Taylor was selected to play on the right flank to protect Simposn but he spent most of the game in the centre or wandering. I didn't see the penalty incident but my brother informed me although harsh, it was a pen following the letter of the law.

Anyway, they deservedly took the lead and were playing well enough. They were also much tougher in the tackle, quicker to loose balls and seemed generally more up for it. It wasn't until the final 10 minutes of the half until we started getting back into it and in the last 5 we were pinning them back, Demba unlucky with a header crashing off the bar and Colo having a good chance at the far post with a header.

After the break, with Ben Arfa on the right, and Taylor at left-back we looked a more balanced side. That said I would have replaced Taylor with Ben Arfa and kept Santon at left-back. Towards the back end of the first half him and Jonas were getting real joy.

Anyway into the second half and we came out much the better side and were really on top. I didn't see their sending off but again I'm informed it was deserved. We kept at them and although we were bitty and were still hoofing it at times, we were getting into them and they basically got into our half only a handful of times in the second half. Mind they should have went 2-0 up.

Shola coming on.... I knew he'd get a goal and when he was fouled and a pen was awarded, I was shocked he didn't take it, a few of us knew Ba would miss and he did. I sensed it was going to be one of those days but we kept going and ironically, we scored in injury time, the time allotted for their quite pathetic and disgraceful time wasting which was going on from their first goal kick.

We deserved the point and arguably all 3. Their fans were quiet throughout, only a for a few minutes did they pipe up and that was towards the 88 minute mark when they thought they were going hime with all 3. The atmosphere in general was very good but our tactics and some of the individual performances and our at times reluctance to keep possession or get it into the box quick enough caused anxiety in the stands and there were many around me not happy with Pardew.

Our tactics have to change because we'll struggle if they don't and so will the likes of Cisse, Ba and Cabaye.

Getting back to the mackems, they were better than us in the 1st half but they are a poor footballing side and quite thuggish. Their time wasting was a disgrace. And the ref... dont get me started on that cunt. Was shocking throughout. Cabaye got taken out by one tackle and he motioned for him to get up and get on with it, the same happened when Jonas and Tiote were taken out.

All in all a decent enough game and outcome.

Final word on Ben Arfa... he changed the game and HAS to start. If he doesnt Pardew can fuck off. Ryan Taylor was shit throughout, poor set pieces, slow and in the first half he played in the middle and not the right leaving Simpson exposed time and time again. Oh and did Lovenkrands really get some time on the pitch? :lol: Jesus wept!

Good post.

Agree with pretty much all apart from it being a good game, I thought in general it was a poor game.

Guest neesy111

Cheers for the Sessegnon red card btw.

Nee bosh young man.

My word what a phrase.

What about Cattermole?

Guest neesy111

with Cattermole getting a red and his 10th yellow, will he get a 5 match ban in total? or just the 3 for the red?

Don't know the suspension is for calling the ref a cunt, but it was a straight red so I think it'll be a 3 match ban.

Guest neesy111

Cattermole should have been sent off in the first minute. That tackle on Tiote looked like a deliberate attempt to nobble a player.

If it had been 10 minutes later then it would had been imo.  Shows what a bottler of a ref Mike Dean is.

Cattermole should have been sent off in the first minute. That tackle on Tiote looked like a deliberate attempt to nobble a player.

Aye. Bit rich MON and McClean complaining when they should've been down to 10 men from the off.

Guest neesy111

Aye. Bit rich MON and McClean complaining when they should've been down to 10 men from the off.

McClean's tackle on simpson was a clear red-card and dean's decision to book simpson afterwards was a complete farce.  Do referee's expect players to shake hands after being clattered after a 2 foot challenge.

What happened with Andy Woodman for him to get sent to the stands?

via Twitter

"Sorry toon army but I had to stick up for the geordie badge!!"

Fight in the tunnel at half time apparently with Jim Henry.

Henry was having a go at a few of our lads apparently and Woodman stepped it.

Guest pintofscottsellers

Got in about an hour ago absolutely steamboated. dominated in  the  second half, Ben Arfa took the piss, has to start from now on.