Fabrice Muamba retires from professional football

MW

What happened to him? :(

Suspected heart attack on the pitch, received treatment, carried off on a stretcher, matched abandoned, rushed to hospital.

No news for 2 hours with everyone suspecting the worst, then news that he's in a stable condition in hospital.

Guest mimifrench

What happened to him? :(

Suspected heart attack on the pitch, received treatment, carried off on a stretcher, matched abandoned, rushed to hospital.

No news for 2 hours with everyone suspecting the worst, then news that he's in a stable condition in hospital.

God, hope he's ok now. Terrible news. :'(

went out for a meal for mothers day a couple of hours ago when it looked like it was too late for him, so oddly, coming home and finding him stable is pretty good news, compared to what i was expecting.

hope he recovers okay, thoughts with his fiance and kid, must of been horrific for them too.

Statement from THFC:  Confirmed that Muamba is 'critically ill' in intensive care in the heart attack centre of the London Chest Hospital.

:( at least he's still alive.

I guess this latest bit of news about being critically ill and on life support were expected though right?

It was one of the two possible outcomes really, it's the far far better one.

I guess this latest bit of news about being critically ill and on life support were expected though right?

It was one of the two possible outcomes really, it's the far far better one.

Aye, must be remembered that just the fact they've managed to resuscitate him after so long is massive.