Fabrice Muamba retires from professional football

MW

I really hope the guy makes it, terrible to see the photo's of him being attended and the look of horror on the players faces. Truly sad.

If it is a heart problem, you do wonder why in billion pound industry why these heart issues are not spotted or picked up on sooner before something like this happens, but I guess it's not as simple as that.

No amount of money is going to get you medical care that doesn't exist tbh. Unfortunately undetected heart problems do happen. Just still praying he can pull through, as bleak as it may seem right now. :(

I accept that, it's just that I'm not an medical expert on heart related matters and the complexities of picking up heart problems to know if the industry had the capacity to investigate a players health to the point where they could spot these problems before this happens.

It's just such a sad thing, really shocked. I'm glad I didn't watch this match as I was going to, would be even more shocking to witness it.

Is not hearing any updates a good or bad sign?

There'll be a media blackout until it's know for certain one way or the other I'd have thought. Plus they'll have to get hold of his family etc.

Aye. The longer we go without news, the more likely it's bad news.

Would they not want to take some caution with good news as well though? As not to speak to soon if you like.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

hopefully it's a case of no news being good news because this would be horrible. I hope he survives.