Fabrice Muamba retires from professional football

MW

Sad, didn't he play a bit in a friendly? From what I gather (by following him on twitter) he seems a down to earth and intelligent person, hope he finds success elsewhere in life. As far as his health is concerned he is probably making the right choice, football isn't everything. 

Shame for him, but football isn't the most important thing in life, especially when you're lucky to be alive. Wish him nothing but the best.

This. Probably the right decision for everyone concerned - especially his family members who probably wouldn't have been able to watch a game without fearing it would happen again.

I can imagine if doesn't get/can't take a coaching gig there'll be plenty lining up to give him media work or similar.

Gary Lineker ‏@GaryLineker

During this season we'll see different faces on MOTD. Harry R and Mick Mc as well as others tba. One or two will surprise you.

fabrice muamba ‏@fmuamba

@GaryLineker I'm ready when you guys are.

:pow: Would be great if he was on regularly, they need a younger face who's more in touch with the game.

I can imagine if doesn't get/can't take a coaching gig there'll be plenty lining up to give him media work or similar.

Gary Lineker ‏@GaryLineker

During this season we'll see different faces on MOTD. Harry R and Mick Mc as well as others tba. One or two will surprise you.

fabrice muamba ‏@fmuamba

@GaryLineker I'm ready when you guys are.

:pow: Would be great if he was on regularly, they need a younger face who's more in touch with the game.

I'd rather have people on there who have earned the right tbh.

Guest firetotheworks

He never got the chance to. When it comes down to it, we're all armchair pundits. I'd rather have someone who knows the game, than has played it at the highest level. Shearer, Hansen and Lawrenson haven't got a clue.

Gaz Neville is probably the only good pundit going as I can see.