Newcastle United 1 - 0 Norwich - 18/3/12 - post-match reaction from page 35

Beren

Guest neesy111

For his 'nothingness' Cabaye could have had 3 assists today. Honestly don't think he did as bad as some thought today, thought he was far better than Guthrie.

Don't know what Guthrie did today tbh, game just passed him by which isn't a surprise.

For his 'nothingness' Cabaye could have had 3 assists today. Honestly don't think he did as bad as some thought today, thought he was far better than Guthrie.

He did well when he had the opportunity. He's just stuck too close to the defenders at the minute to do it as often as we need him to.

Would go along with that.

He was supposed to be playing out wide and simply refused to. It was a very undisciplined performance by him.

He played very narrow but he and Gutierrez were at the hub of most of our attacks. They linked up well as a pair down that side.

Guest neesy111

He was supposed to be playing out wide and simply refused to. It was a very undisciplined performance by him.

He played very narrow but he and Gutierrez were at the hub of most of our attacks. They linked up well as a pair down that side.

1st Half.  We didn't do a single attack down the left hand side until the 75th minute 2nd half.

This. If Ruddy doesn't make that save, Lots of people on here would say Cabaye had a decent game for that beautiful assist. Yes he's had better games for us, but today he was just necessarily solid and did his job.

I actually think Guthrie was poor, caught in possession a lot and wasteful.

Guest neesy111

So frustrating the lack of movement when we have the ball. It's hardly a wonder we can't keep the ball.

It's ridiculous at times.  It's like soon as HBA get the ball, everyone just stops.

1st Half.  We didn't do a single attack down the left hand side until the 75th minute 2nd half.

We were crap for a lot of the Second Half I'll agree. That's where I think Pardew's subs were smart, the introduction of Santon and Shola settled the side down.

Guest neesy111

We were crap for a lot of the Second Half I'll agree. That's where I think Pardew's subs were smart, the introduction of Santon and Shola settled the side down.

The subs were right, tho I didn't agree with the HBA going off for Santon.  I would had took off Guthrie.

The subs were right, tho I didn't agree with the HBA going off for Santon.  I would had took off Guthrie.

Harsh on HBA yes as I thought he did give us a fair bit of impetus in the First Half. Guthrie was decent in fits and starts, but for a guy of decent build he gets knocked off the ball too easily.

Guest neesy111

Harsh on HBA yes as I thought he did give us a fair bit of impetus in the First Half. Guthrie was decent in fits and starts, but for a guy of decent build he gets knocked off the ball too easily.

I just can't get away with how bad he is off the ball, it's where Cabaye excels in as his workrate off the ball is fantastic, Guthrie's for some reason is poor.

I just can't get away with how bad he is off the ball, it's where Cabaye excels in as his workrate off the ball is fantastic, Guthrie's for some reason is poor.

His vision and ability to pick a pass is brilliant at times, but as you say he appears quite lazy off the ball. He is a decent squad player who I would keep hold of, but I would like some more depth at CM in the summer.

Was he? Looked like a central midfield three to me.

Was he? Looked like a central midfield three to me.

I'm pretty sure you're right considering Jonas was constantly moving up the left flank, even ahead of Cabaye at points.

Hope Pardew took note that the possession for the goal was obtained from Ben Arfa robbing a Norwich player in our half.

Don't think he would have, he tackled a Norwich player, James Perch looked like Beckenbauer today