Newcastle United 1 - 0 Norwich - 18/3/12 - post-match reaction from page 35

Beren

Nice to get 3 points but lots of worrying aspects for me.  I'm not sure why we played 4-4-2 today, especially with the personnel available.  Playing Cabaye on the left of a 4-4-2 (or at best a lopsided 4-4-2) is just crazy, its no wonder he isn't playing at his best at the moment.

It was a 4-3-3 initially.

Then it just became a 4 at the back and blob in front formation.

Nice to get 3 points but lots of worrying aspects for me.  I'm not sure why we played 4-4-2 today, especially with the personnel available.  Playing Cabaye on the left of a 4-4-2 (or at best a lopsided 4-4-2) is just crazy, its no wonder he isn't playing at his best at the moment.

I still don't think it was a 4-3-3, like I said a lopsided 4-4-2 at best.  Ba and Cisse were both central so who was supposed to be the wide man of the front three on the left?  Cabaye wasn't tucking in enough for it to be a 4-3-3 either.

poorest game of top flight football i've seen since the new years day against boro (lee clarke equaliser).

haven't got a clue about what we were supposed to be doing.

I've seen that in a lot of our games tbh. It just looked worse today because Norwich were palpably poor yet still looked the better team the longer the game went on. The players look really confused for me.

I still don't think it was a 4-3-3, like I said a lopsided 4-4-2 at best.  Ba and Cisse were both central so who was supposed to be the wide man of the front three on the left?  Cabaye wasn't tucking in enough for it to be a 4-3-3 either.

Initially, Ba started wide left, but kept getting pulled in.  Cabaye then had to move out to cover Gutierrez, but was meant to stay more central.  Then Ba and Cisse swapped, and Cisse hugged the line better, but left Ba isolated.

Like I say, I'm 99% sure it was a 4-3-3, just a really bad one that ended up being pretty unrecognisable.

ben arfa was on the right of the front 3 for the first half hour or so.

Still disagree Chris, if Cabaye is covering Jonas, that's fine he would have to do that in a 4-3-3 but the difference was that he was stationed there, not just covering.  There was decent (attacking) movement from Ba, Cisse and Ben Arfa at the start but neither Ba or Cisse were wide defensively so still not a 4-3-3 for me.

See last post, still wasn't 4-3-3, Ben Arfa on the right made it a lopsided 4-4-2 at best, like I said.

Have to say I'm with alot of people here; never really come back from winning feeling so disappointed.

After we scored we were terrible. All over the place. Thank god we scored early on or we would of been in trouble today. Well that and the fact Norwich were dismal.

See last post, still wasn't 4-3-3, Ben Arfa on the right made it a lopsided 4-4-2 at best, like I said.

except he was alonside ba and cisse and not the midfielders.

Have to say I'm with alot of people here; never really come back from winning feeling so disappointed.

After we scored we were terrible. All over the place. Thank god we scored early on or we would of been in trouble today. Well that and the fact Norwich were dismal.

without playing well we coiuld easily have been 3 or 4 up at halftime.

He wasn't and like I said, if it was a 4-4-3, why was Cabaye in front of Jonas to begin with?

NUFC are a shambles sometimes. The Muamba support on the electronic boards said 'your' instead of 'you're' :facepalm:

Along the lines of 'Your in our thoughts'.

I couldn't fucking believe that :facepalm:

Thought of Dave straight away :lol:

Correctly. Embarrassing stuff that was quite apt considering most of the 'football' we served up.

He wasn't and like I said, if it was a 4-4-3, why was Cabaye in front of Jonas to begin with?

even with a 4-4-3 i doubt we'd have been better. cabaye pulled wide and i guess the idea was that ba and ben arfa would drop in to allow cabaye to defend wide. ba did, ben arfa didn't.

I thought he did OK.

I dread to think what you make of the other lads performances. Jonas helped keep a clean sheet, worked hard the whole match, kept the ball in the final stage of the game instead of hoofing it like everyone else, had one assist and one perfect through ball that Cisse really should have converted. Not bad for a limited player with no end product.

How good was that save by Ruddy, after Cabaye crossed it and Ba flicked it on, incredible reaction. One of the best saves of the season imo.

They said in the Norwegian studio that it would had gone in if Ruddy had remembered to cut his finger nails when he woke up today. Can´t be far from the truth tbh :lol:

I thought he did OK.

I dread to think what you make of the other lads performances. Jonas helped keep a clean sheet, worked hard the whole match, kept the ball in the final stage of the game instead of hoofing it like everyone else, had one assist and one perfect through ball that Cisse really should have converted. Not bad for a limited player with no end product.

I thought you were a fan?

Krul  7

Simpson  6

Williamson  5

Coloccini  7

Jonas  7

Guthrie  6.5

Perch  8

Cabaye  5

Ben Arfa  6.5

Ba  6

Cisse  7

Santon  7

Shola  7

Gosling  6

I would agree with this, except swap Guthrie and Cabaye's ratings.