Swansea City 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 06/04/12 - post-match reaction from pg 39

Dave

Sick of hearing about swansea's 'excellent passing football' all they do if fanny around passing the ball sideways across the back four with little or no urgency to get it forward quickly

swansea are fuckin boring.

agreed. its not nice watching them pass it at the back. All this Barcelona talk is f***ing s****. they have no objective with their game.

TBF if Barca didnt have Messi thier directness would disappear and they would be exactly like this.

We leading, we're 5th, I'm happy.

But that possession stat is embarrassing.

Doesn't really matter when Swansea are not creating anything! Except some long range shots have they had one single good goal scoting chance?

People are complaining? Swansea dont look like.scoring at all. Let them have the ball 40 yards out. Be patient and wait for opportunities on the break, they will come

Aye, it's almost as if possession leads to a team building pressure and scoring...

We get a lot of the 'this is boring' comments by opposition fans, especially when their team doesn't touch the ball a lot.

Our game is based on patience, keep possession while looking to probe forward, if nothing shows, don't do a hit and hope, keep the ball. That way the oppo don't get that 50/50 ball and attack us, while you don't have the ball you don't score and while your chasing shadows your players tire. Doesn't always work obviously as your one up, but its worked often enough this season for us to be almost safe.

I'm sure all us Swans fans would love to see more going on in the oppo's box, maybe that will happen when  we can just nip out and buy players for 9 million plus. Until then we'll stay patient. Until about 3-4 years ago our record buy was just over 300K and that record had stood since 1981.

Looking at some of your guys comments, it appears your bigger fans of the 'Stoke City' style, if you can call it that.

Guest johnson293

Rob Lee has arrived in the Sky Studio.

Clearly using the same Shampoo as Philip Schofield these days.

Guest BooBoo

Pretty tedious to watch that every week. A 101 passes for what? Very little.

We still look dangerous on the break but Ba looks out of sorts and HBA has only shown glimpses so far.

Think I'd rather watch wimbledon of old rather than Swansea.  Passing for passing sake.  Create nothing. 

Typical English attitude. :lol:

It´s great to watch, and they can´t concede as long as they have the ball. So, for 78% of the match so far we haven´t even had the possibility to even build something that could potentially lead to a goal....too bad for Swansea that we have Cisse.

We must keep our shape and concentration - if we do we'll get another break on them if we don't they'll frustrate us into conceding and if we let in 1 we'll let in another.

A real test of character this.

People are complaining? Swansea dont look like.scoring at all. Let them have the ball 40 yards out. Be patient and wait for opportunities on the break, they will come

Yep we could be better on the ball but overall i'm very pleased.

I think we've controlled the game. Swansea aren't doing anything we are scared of.

We're all complaining at this slow-as-fuck game, but they're going to be fresh as a daisy for Bolton.

Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if this is Pardew's thought process today.

Chasing the ball back is hard work too, you know.

Pard's tactics board just has 'Come at me, bro' written on it.

More than happy with that half. How else are you meant to play Swansea? They're all fart and no shit at the moment; confident of a victory here.

Jonas needs to release the ball quicker and Ba needs to pick his arse up, but other than that. Fair enough. :thup:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Let them have the ball again. No point pressing, they don't really know what to do. They can keep alternating between Williams and fucking Caulker for as long as they want.