Swansea City 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 06/04/12 - post-match reaction from pg 39

Dave

I found Swansea really boring. We basically let them play and they barely threatened. You read the stats and say swansea should have won comfortably but in the end we won comfortably.

Coleman is terrible.

If you put Cisse up front for Swansea? f*** off man.

Really like Rodgers mind.

What did Rodgers say?

Just that, they outplayed us but was beaten by two quality passes and two quality finishes. Which is fair for a post-match, as most managers are ignorant.

From the spurs glory-glory.co.uk forum.

http://tf-chalkboards.s3-website-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/images/06xsN.png

Basically passed across every inch of grass in the middle third. Good work.

:lol:

"Ohhh..look at us.... we're like Barcelona now! :smug: Hey... Leon.. PASS PASS PASS!!"

"Good laaaaaaaaaaaaaad!"

Rogers : "Lovely stuff, this is! :smug:"

From the spurs glory-glory.co.uk forum.

http://tf-chalkboards.s3-website-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/images/06xsN.png

Basically passed across every inch of grass in the middle third. Good work.

They did a fantastic job of avoiding our box like.

Guest Paxton

Fair play lads, you have worked extremely hard.

Ben Arfa looks gold dust for you, similar to the role that Sessegnon plays for us. Always getting involved with assisting a goal, and also nicking in and scoring a couple too. And Cisse definitely looks worth the price that you paid for him, could be a great bargain.

:yao:

Rade Prica looked good for us in his first few games man  ;D

All I'm saying is let's ask the same question again in 12 months, to whether Cisse was worth the price that he commanded.

Ben Arfa looks gold dust for you, similar to the role that Sessegnon plays for us. Always getting involved with assisting a goal, and also nicking in and scoring a couple too. And Cisse definitely looks worth the price that you paid for him, could be a great bargain.

All I'm saying is let's ask the same question again in 12 months, to whether Cisse was worth the price that he commanded.

Ask the question in 6 games and we'll know which European competition his goals have put us in.

"so, Chris, good win for Newcastle today."

"Yeah, but if you take the Newcastle players out of the team and put them in Swansea's side, things might have been a little different today."

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=46922900

Leon Britton is up there with the best passers in europe, the Xavi of the valleys. Hardly fucking surprising when every pass goes two yards / backwards.

If they won a penalty he'd probably lay the cunt off!

Pards' decision to play Cabs much higher up the pitch was canny good like :thup:

He's been playing there since WBA hasn't he. That's his best position for me, gets more time on the ball.

Never felt threatened, think maybe they had a 5 minute spell in the 2nd half but other than that they made me need Red Bull to make it through the game.

Ask the question in 6 games and we'll know which European competition his goals have put us in.

:lol:

Don't compare Prica to Cisse, thanks.

They made 7 successful passes in our box (edge of the box more precise) out of a total 835 successful passes. I know I praise their style of play, but that is horrendous stats tbh. :lol:

Still enjoy their philosophy though. Just didn´t come off for them today due to Super Cisse and Brain Pardew.

Papiss is in a class of his own..

But Jonas won some very crucial free kicks when Swansea were heaping the pressure. Thought he did very well today actually.

Hatem was so threatening, and like someone said, a textbook away win.

Don't compare Prica to Cisse, thanks.

Prica played 6 games, never starting, and only scored 1 goal. Perfect comparison to Papiss' 9 in 8.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Page 19 of the pre-match thread I asked for a 0-2 win to us. Looks like I got what I asked for :D Howay man.

Must be trolling tbh.

Cisse is already worth his price. He would even be worth the 9 mill if he had 3 goals and a couple of assists.

In 2012 a premier league club would easily pay +20 million pounds for a 9 goals in 8 games striker with that finish.

Krul - 7: Comfortable when called upon

Simpson - 7: No complaints here, thought he stood up well to two tricky wingers in Dyer and Sinclair

Williamson - 8: Impervious in the air and decent on the ground as well. Has really stepped up to the plate these last three games, fair play  :thup:

Perch - 8: Him and Williamson didn't put a single foot wrong between them. Was impressed particularly by his distribution - often looks to play out from the back along the deck. Would be very harsh to drop him, even for Coloccini.

Santon - 7: Good to see him get 90 minutes and a solid performance under the belt. Made a few crucial interceptions in the first half. Did enough today to warrant a start on Monday I think.

Jonas - 7: Typically tireless display, played a key role in the opening goal.

Tiote - 7: Was a strong display in the first half, shame to see him subbed. Hope he's ok for Bolton.

Cabaye - 8: Thought Yohan was excellent today. Two superb assists, especially the first - fantastic first time pass.

Ba - 5: Looked leggy and out of sorts and was rightly subbed by Pardew. Positive that he'll come good again though, was unlucky with that effort in the first half.

Cisse - 9: Absolute quality. Put in a hell of a shift and all.

Ben Arfa - 7: Not quite to the same standard as his last two performances but was still tidy and progressive in his general play with a couple of glimpses of quality. That meg on Taylor just reeked of class.

Wasn't a pretty victory by any means but we got our tactics spot on today and largely limited Swansea to shooting from outside the area. It was a disciplined and extremely professional performance by the team and you can't ask for any more than that. On a side note, in spite of how boring Swansea were at times today, Rodgers really does deserve credit for implementing such a technically advanced ethos and style upon a fairly limited group of players and with a small budget. With a couple of sound offensive signings in the summer, I see no reason why they can't improve on this season's finish.