Swansea City 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 06/04/12 - post-match reaction from pg 39

Dave

Anyone else find Swansea as boring as feck, it was like watching Racistpool play some Bulgarians in Europe in the 70's, fantastic ball retension granted.

They're a horrible team to watch and a nothing club.

Anyone else find Swansea as boring as feck, it was like watching Racistpool play some Bulgarians in Europe in the 70's, fantastic ball retension granted.

horrible to watch ? thats cack.

I'm not going to lay into Swansea when the likes of Stoke City exist in the Premier League, but it's got to be said that they're clearly overrated to fuck. Away to Fulham is the only time they've really passed someone off the park and it looked anything remotely special. Very much 'all fart and no shit'.

Just turned to me Dad at the end of the game and said "was that it?" He knew exactly what i meant. It's the first time i've watched ninety minutes of them in a while and (had it not been us), i was pretty disappointed with them.

They've been comfortably above the relegation fodder this year, but my gut feeling is that they'll need to invest if they're going to sustain their Premier League status for more than a couple of years.

Guest bimpy474

I'd say boring not horrible.....whats the nothing club about Ron ?

If they can hold onto Sigurdsson and sign a better striker they should be alright. The rest of their midfield looks decent enough to keep them up for a bit, but if they want to push on they're going to need someone better than Leon Britton passing the ball sideways all match.

Guest BooBoo

Small ground, no players you really want to watch and fans that are the epitome of Championship.

They're the Welsh Wigan. The Premier League would be far better served by a decent side like Southampton or WHU, Fat Sam notwithstanding.

If they can hold onto Sigurdsson and sign a better striker they should be alright. The rest of their midfield looks decent enough to keep them up for a bit, but if they want to push on they're going to need someone better than Leon Britton passing the ball sideways all match.

a lot of the time the reason they can pass it about the middle is that they don't commit men forward at times they maybe should.

Guest bimpy474

Boring is horrible in football. Especially when it brings mediocre - at best - results.

Tbf to them it is their first season in the Premier but i get what you mean, too many sideways passes and ping pong footy between the centre halfs for my liking.

In your opinion it is. I don't enjoy that rubbish and thankfully we'll probably have to endure it another two times before they're back where they belong.

In your opinion it is. I don't enjoy that rubbish and thankfully we'll probably have to endure it another two times before they're back where they belong.

what don't you enjoy about possession football and movement ? if i were a nuetral i'd rather watch swansea then much of what we played this season.

Swansea are so meh, sure they can keep the ball well but they seem to think passing alone is enough to win a game without putting opposition defences under pressure, don't recall them putting our defenders under pressure to force them into a mistake. All their passing was in their own half and as soon as they got into our half they ran out of ideas.

They'll probably be relegated next season tbh

I think Ronaldo is being a bit overly harsh but I agree with the sentiment. Having said that though, I'd prefer Swansea in the Premiership over a team like fucking Stoke any day

not really, the midfield is their current strength. if they can continue dominating possession but add quality where there is currently crap (the front 3) they'll do well. even a poor striker like graham has been made to look good this season due to the amount of possesion they enjoy.

it's an obvious point coleman made but put our front three instead of the genuine championship level shite that is Moore, Routledge and Dyer and it would be frightening. instead they come up against a side that parked the bus and had no answer to it, being reduced to hurried shots in front of our backline. was no way for them to create a bit of space with sheer skill or have a dominant striker who'll snatch at half-chances like Cisse or pre-ACON Ba. easier said than done mind to make that transition.

Football is only entertaining if there's something happening in the final 3rd. Against us, Swansea have done sweet FA in the final 3rd.

Can't speak for the rest of their season like, but aye, possession football is overrated.

Their midfield is only their strength because they play a simple passing game, it's good and probably the main reason they'll stay up. But like I said, if they really want to push on they'll need to improve it. Not enough incisiveness.

I'm also including Sinclair/Dyer/Routeledge as midfielders.

Yeah I can see them going down next season. Having possession is great but if you can't get the ball into the box or create and take chances then it's all worthless. Swansea are like Jonas, all run and great in possession but they simply can't create a final ball.

I think Norwich will go down next season (Holt will be off) and I think Swansea will do ether than Norwich but they will certainly be involved in allegation battle.

I think their fans are just being bitter, like every team we have beaten this season, their is always a negative reaction towards us.

Guest andrew

what don't you enjoy about possession football and movement ? if i were a nuetral i'd rather watch swansea then much of what we played this season.

the thing is, they have no movement. they honestly do care more about keeping the ball than trying to score. horribly negative, boring and i agree- the sooner their bubble bursts and they fuck off the better. i dont like us playing too direct but fuck me, mix it up a bit swansea.