Newcastle United vs. Bolton Wanderers 09/04/2012 @3PM

TheGuv

Yeah. Then put Jonas at CB for Stoke. Then try him in net for the game after that. Then maybe back to centre-mid. Then let him be the kitman. Then tealady.

Not sure quite what you're getting at here, like. Jonas is capable of playing on the left-side of attack in a 4-3-3.

Krul

Simpson  Willo  Perch  Santon

Gosling  Cabaye  Jonas

HBA                Ba

Cisse

3-1 :)

We're in no position to be mucking about with the defence just to give young lads a run out.

True, but I do want to give Tavernier a run out since his contract is expiring soon.  At least a sub from the bench would do me.

Really want to see Demba tuck one away on Monday.

Pardew seems to be allowing the 2 dembas switch positions during the game but ba is just not getting the luck at the moment

I get the feeling that Ba really enjoyed being our main man so after the arrival of Cisse, he feels like he is second fiddle especially considering Cisse's start and he shift out to the left.

Let's not forget that he has been rather effective as of late supporting Cisse but I feel he may be lacking some confidence so his sharpness in front of goal has somewhat diminished.

I hope this game against Bolton will see the revival of his goalscoring form.

Yeah. Then put Jonas at CB for Stoke. Then try him in net for the game after that. Then maybe back to centre-mid. Then let him be the kitman. Then tealady.

Not sure quite what you're getting at here, like. Jonas is capable of playing on the left-side of attack in a 4-3-3.

I'm getting at the fact we need to stop dicking him around and let him play in the centre every single week, as it's clearly his most effective position and he's a real asset there.

Just looking forward to the next game. Great run of results in different circumstances. We knew that Swansea keep the ball well, but beat them - only 3rd home defeat.

Bolton will be fighting hard, but we need to believe we have enough to beat them.

Injuries lead to changes, but there is a real flexibility to this team. Should win - will also accept 1.0

Really want to see Demba tuck one away on Monday.

Pardew seems to be allowing the 2 dembas switch positions during the game but ba is just not getting the luck at the moment

I get the feeling that Ba really enjoyed being our main man so after the arrival of Cisse, he feels like he is second fiddle especially considering Cisse's start and he shift out to the left.

Let's not forget that he has been rather effective as of late supporting Cisse but I feel he may be lacking some confidence so his sharpness in front of goal has somewhat diminished.

I hope this game against Bolton will see the revival of his goalscoring form.

Love these theories which are based on absolutely nothing.

I get the feeling that Ba needs a bloody rest!

Feels great we can sit back, relax and see how the weekend of football pans out. Then we've got this. All good.

aye but i'll be too bloody worried about the walking wounded, injured  etc.

We've got enough in the tank imo. Injuries are a concern, but Bolton are just as battered according to our resident wanderer.

Its all about how we approach the game, if we mentally let it pass us by, the crowd included.

We have an advantage with Bolton playing today. Only two days to prepare for our game.  :frantic:

Which does indeed make a difference.

The fact that they have to travel on Monday doesn't make things easier for them.

Is Tiote definitely out for this one?

No. Taken off as precaution.

Think he, Cabaye and Coloccini will all be involved. Well, I'm hoping for it, anyway.

Perch could do the Tiote job against Bolton, though.

Who will do the Perch job? providing Colo is still out. that's my concern, although I'm confident with the guys we've got as cover to step up and do well.

Good point. Might as well leave Perch at centre half if Colo's still out and put Ryan Taylor again in CM.