Newcastle United 2 - 0 Bolton - 09/04/12 - post-match reaction from page 46

Beren

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Qpr up next for spurs if they don't win and we beat stoke we could very well be in the top four *jizzes*.

Guest BooBoo

What the fuck is Coyle doing wearing his socks in the regulation standard for?

Owen, you've retired as a player. Get over it!

Fantastic result.

Admittedly we were below par in the first half. We had no sense of urgency and we were very flat (down to tiredness maybe?). Bolton were slightly better and their gameplan did work in the first half - I also thought they started the second half very well (better than us anyway). For 70 minutes, Bolton were probably the better team but that moment of magic from Ben Arfa (:fwap:) completely changed the game. After his goal, I thought we became very comfortable - it really became a matter of seeing the game out. Cissé's goal was nice and simple and finished the game off nicely.

Level on points with Spurs, oh my :smug:

I wasnt too panicked when it was 0-0. ive seen man utd have hundreds of these games down the years- flat trying but not much happening- yet they always seem to get the goals in the end- If we can emulate that, im not complaining.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

I've been really calm and relxed about the situtation until now, I'm well excited now :frantic:, can't believe it :kasper: :yikes:.

Two season ago it was

e-i-e-ie-i-o up the football league we go

Now it's

e-i-e-i-e-i-o up the premier league we go

when we get to europe..... you know the rest :D

Was going to put a quid on 2-0 Cisse first scorer again as it's won me so much lovely money last few games, but the odds were shit so went for 2-0 Ben Arfa first scorer at 30/1 instead :bluestar:

:lol: Class.

Was going to put a quid on 2-0 Cisse first scorer again as it's won me so much lovely money last few games, but the odds were shit so went for 2-0 Ben Arfa first scorer at 30/1 instead :bluestar:

I did the 2-0 Cisse FGS and got 28/1 which isnt too bad.

I did the 2-0 Cisse FGS and got 28/1 which isnt too bad.

You obviously have a better bookie than me, bet365 were giving me 16/1 and only 23/1 for Cisse to score a hattrick, think they might be scared of him :lol:

Guest Phil K

Congrats. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Play like that for the rest of the season and BW will survive no problem.

Congrats. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Play like that for the rest of the season and BW will survive no problem.

What, miss sitters and then defend like we did towards the end of the second half? Not so sure. If relegation does go down to goal difference, then we have no chance.

Shite first half, though admittedly Bolton stifled us well. Hatem's goal was a thing of sheer thing beauty and it was all over after that. Krul was outstanding in goal and thought Coloccini had a decent game on his return. All in all one of those games where you need a bit of quality to win it and that is what we have in Hatem.

Guest BooBoo

Did Bolton ever look like getting back into it after the goal, or were they floored by the Hatem-bomb?

Irrelevant/not particularly interesting but: watch the full match highlights on 101GG. Chinese commentary, I swear the first guy speaking must have been brought up here the way he says Newcastle? :lol:

Did Bolton ever look like getting back into it after the goal, or were they floored by the Hatem-bomb?

Floored completely. Had we scored one of the sitters I think we would have won the game, HBA or otherwise, as your performance up to then was pretty flat and we were comfortable.

Fantastic result.

Admittedly we were below par in the first half. We had no sense of urgency and we were very flat (down to tiredness maybe?). Bolton were slightly better and their gameplan did work in the first half - I also thought they started the second half very well (better than us anyway). For 70 minutes, Bolton were probably the better team but that moment of magic from Ben Arfa (:fwap:) completely changed the game. After his goal, I thought we became very comfortable - it really became a matter of seeing the game out. Cissé's goal was nice and simple and finished the game off nicely.

Level on points with Spurs, oh my :smug:

This sums my thoughts exactly, Ben Arfa, couldn't give fuck if he does nothing all match and then comes up with that bit of magic, then inspires the rest of the team to take their fingers out of their arse, then that's okay by me.