Will we qualify for the Champions League? Sadly not...

Rich

If we beat Stoke, we are in with a great shout of finishing in the top four.

Chelsea/Arsenal have to drop points this weekend, so either we move away from Chelsea or move closer to Arsenal or probably ideally they draw.

If Spurs get beat off QPR... well.

http://i.imgur.com/OO0lc.jpg

Pessimist. Not sure how I ended up with QPR staying up to, think they will go down.

Our future form was predictable before Norwich game btw :smug::

Analysis:

Pretty much everytime we score twice with Ba in the side & we have a normal defence, we win the game. With fit Cb's, our defensive system has made 2 goals enough to win every single time when Ba plays bar individual error.

Conclusion

So putting that together. We near always do enough to score twice against anyone outside the top 7 with Ba playing & two goals has always been enough to win the game when our Cb's are fit (Bar pens/deflected goals).

Since: 1-0, 3-1, 2-0, 2-0, 2-0 (no pens/deflected goals). Cisse has just replaced Ba's form.

FWIW based on how his systems worked so far, we should be looking to win 7 of our next 10 games.

Since 5 wins from 10. Pool win was a suprise, so we should be on for 8 hopefully.

Guest Phil K

Too dependent on the other three dropping too many points, because we won't win all our remaining. I'd say 5th, and hope Chelsea don't win the C.L. (still not 100% sure how that effects us Europa-league wise)

"Chelsea haven't won it yet. But it makes it very interesting that third place, doesn't it? If Arsenal and Tottenham get very nervous, that's a good thing,"

"I'll choke on my beer if Chelsea win the Champions League and we finish fourth, for sure. But the rules are the rules," added Pardew.

"I really think we'll achieve something special if we finish fifth or sixth. Any higher than that would be astounding really but I think we've got a real chance.

"The Champions League is something that really we shouldn't be competing for, but we are, and we are going to go for that as best we can.

"We are batting well above our level in terms of the teams and the salaries and transfer fees that these other clubs have paid. We shouldn't even be anywhere near them but a couple of the other sides have got a bit edgy. We haven't shown any signs of that - and hopefully we won't.

"What I do know is this European qualification is about as complicated as it gets. We need Carol Vorderman to work it out."

Been looking at this one game at a time for the last five weeks so not changing that outlook until the end of the season. This weekend is huge and will have a massive say in where we finish. As long as we win our game, we move on to next week still in with a shout and that's all we can ask for. One/both of Arsenal and Chelsea will be dropping points and Spurs face a tough game at QPR which they won't fancy at all. It's worked out well that we'll be able to see all three of the games tomorrow too. Personally hoping for a Chelsea win or draw and obviously Spurs to get turned over but a point would be fine too.

If things go our way, we could be two or three points off 3rd with a game in hand come 5pm tomorrow. Believe! HOWAY THE LADS! :indi:

Hopefully they crumble to Barca at the Camp Nou - I'd imagine that crowd and the Barca mentality they could easily turn them over at home. They hit the post 2x at Stamford no?

IF we get wins vs Stoke and Wigan, I may really fancy our chances of finishing 4th. But hey, bring it on. 1 more sleep.

Did the BBC predictor thingy:

Arsenal 3rd on 72

Tottenham 4th on 70

Us 5th on 70

Chelsea 6th on 68

Which i think is almost where we are at now, points wise. Looking at Spurs and Chelsea's fixtures it's clear that none of us have an easy run in, Spurs go away to a couple of teams down scrapping, where as Chelsea have Arsenal and Liverpool away.

Will be really interesting to see how it pans out, regardless of where we finish.

TEAM NEWS - QPR (A)

Harry Redknapp has a few injury concerns ahead of Saturday's trip to QPR.

The manager said he would have to wait on the fitness of 'four or five' players but kept his cards close to his chest as we return to Premier League action at Loftus Road.

However, he did report that Younes Kaboul (knee) remained sidelined after missing Sunday's semi-final and that Niko Kranjcar (knee) was out for the rest of the season.

"Younes is struggling for this week, but we'll take it week to week with him," said Harry. "But Niko is out for the season."

More good news.

"Chelsea haven't won it yet. But it makes it very interesting that third place, doesn't it? If Arsenal and Tottenham get very nervous, that's a good thing,"

"I'll choke on my beer if Chelsea win the Champions League and we finish fourth, for sure. But the rules are the rules," added Pardew.

"I really think we'll achieve something special if we finish fifth or sixth. Any higher than that would be astounding really but I think we've got a real chance.

"The Champions League is something that really we shouldn't be competing for, but we are, and we are going to go for that as best we can.

"We are batting well above our level in terms of the teams and the salaries and transfer fees that these other clubs have paid. We shouldn't even be anywhere near them but a couple of the other sides have got a bit edgy. We haven't shown any signs of that - and hopefully we won't.

"What I do know is this European qualification is about as complicated as it gets. We need Carol Vorderman to work it out."

He drinks beer :smitten: :lol:

Have to admit that today is the first time I've genuinely thought we look like a team capable of playing in the Champions League, just in terms of our fluidity and control of the game. Hard not to get your hopes up but I still think we'll finish just short of it this time around.