Will we qualify for the Champions League? Sadly not...

Rich

Yeah..was a bit hopeful of QPR getiting the job done against Spurs and a bit more confident now..was happy to see QPR getting the win tonight to boost their confidence..not sure though about them getting the win at the Bridge though..

Spurs have the easier run in is it? No matter who they play, I think our hopes will really depend on the match at Wigan..from there on in, depends on whether the lads could put on another performance ala Manure at Lpool at home..

I wanted to vote yes, so much. But I could only vote no as I think the games we have left are tough. We'll also be relying on the others to drop points and I don't think they will.

Would LOVE to be completely wrong on this.

What a season :smitten:

Keep looking at this thread title and keep thinking is this season one elaborate wind-up.

Crazy to think how many times we went into the season expecting to challenge for a CL place and finished mid-table or lower, or got relegated! A lot would have taken another 12th place finish in September, but here we are. Crazy.

As quite a few have said, the very existence of this thread is testament to what an incredible season it has been and we are in for a really exciting last few games. The interest in other PL games because of what bearing, directly or indirectly, they may have on our chances makes it even better.

It will be a real test of character for Pardew and his staff to maintain the present level. All season we've been the upstarts who no one believed in and that has suited us fine. Now that we're the team they're all talking about there will be a different type of pressure but if this team are the "real deal" as some have said, then it's a type of pressure we'll have to get used to and deal with.

Irrespective of how this amazing season ends, nothing should detract from the job the management and players have done or the progress we have made.

FWIW the Newcastle pessimist in me thinks we'll finish 6th and miss out due to Everton winning on Saturday, so anything else will be taken as a huge bonus.

FWIW the Newcastle pessimist in me thinks we'll finish 6th and miss out due to Everton winning on Saturday, so anything else will be taken as a huge bonus.

Have faith. Everton will win the cup but it won't matter, we won't finish below fifth.

Have faith. Everton will win the cup but it won't matter, we won't finish below fifth.

I have faith mate, it's just a lifetime of kicks in the bollocks preparing me for disappointment  :)

Guest Phil K

I have faith mate, it's just a lifetime of kicks in the bollocks preparing me for disappointment  :)

Thought it was just me like that.

Supporting Newcastle, you feel like a stray dog used to kicks, and expecting another, not something good.

Guest Phil K

Spurs 72

Newcastle 67

Chelsea 65

That's how I have it going down. Spurs just have such an easy run-in.

I'm hoping the fact that Spuds are feeling so sorry for themselves, and their fans are FAR from giving them the backing they need (what effing hypocrites they are) that they may well slip up, EXPECTING to slip up.

Chelsea's experience in this situation will help them, but the number of big games they have will certainly work against them. In short, it's up to us to keep winning  if we can, but NOT to lose.

Spurs are in free fall. Your form matters much more than your opponents. See Wigan/Arsenal as an example and Wolves/L'pool. Only thing is they do have the quality to get a few cheap wins that will increase the confidence similar to our 1-0 against Norwich.

Still, Spurs are playing badly and Chelsea have trophies to compete for.

I'm not too concerned about the other teams tbh. As long as we keep winning and picking up points i'll be delighted.

If Spurs win their next game, I can't see it happening. There aren't exactly any dead easy fixtures in this league, but they couldn't have handpicked much better :lol: Even with their dodgy form.

I say  NO I also think it is nearly impossible to beat any one in the qualifying round. Romdan starts July 20 this year and Tiotie, Ba, HBA, and Cisse all will be fasting and will be in terrible shape most likely til middle of Sept. I am proud of this year achievement and I hope we continue on it next season.