Chelsea vs Newcastle United - 02/05/12 @ 7.45pm - pre-match thread

Dave

We'll get humped. But i don't care.

Maybe you should support another team then.

My post was meant to suggest that even though i think we'll get severely done at chelsea, not even that could take the shine off what has been an absoluetly fantastic season. There's no need to get pissy.

Hope we play more compact - more like an away team - and play measured counter-attacking football instead when we get the chance rather than galavanting forward at every non-opportunity and leaving gaping holes between defence and midfield. Underdog mentality will suit us well - and unlike other plucky underdogs which have had some degree of success against a generally uninspired Chelsea this season, we have the quality to hurt them as well. :thup:

Pardew will be watching today.

Krul

Simpson Willo Colo Perch

R.Taylor Tiote Cabaye Jonas

Ben Arfa

Cisse

Guest VaVaVoom

Hope we play more compact - more like an away team - and play measured counter-attacking football instead when we get the chance rather than galavanting forward at every non-opportunity and leaving gaping holes between defence and midfield. Underdog mentality will suit us well - and unlike other plucky underdogs which have had some degree of success against a generally uninspired Chelsea this season, we have the quality to hurt them as well. :thup:

Spot on.

We need to be disciplined with our shape and be more patient with the ball than yesterday. I have a feeling they will rest a few in favour of the cup final next weekend.

Would still like the 4-3-3 to continue but with Cabaye playing a little more withdrawn and Ferguson coming in for Ba.

Reckon additional pace on the counter is needed and whilst Ba is better going forward, Ferguson will provide more defensive cover.

Would also consider Perch coming in for Simpson, but playing LB with Santon RB

4 points might get CL if Spurs lose today and we avoid defeat at SB.

Guest VaVaVoom

Would still like the 4-3-3 to continue but with Cabaye playing a little more withdrawn and Ferguson coming in for Ba.

Reckon additional pace on the counter is needed and whilst Ba is better going forward, Ferguson will provide more defensive cover.

Its not a 433 though is it? More a 4231.

I hope we stick with it but bring in Perch for Ba. Move Jonas out on the left and have Perch in with Tiote with Cabaye more advanced (where he has been fantastic recently). Ba NEEDS to be dropped.

---Krul---

Simpson---Williamson---Coloccini---Santon

Perch---Tiote

Ben Arfa-------Cabaye-------Jonas

---Cisse---

Its not a 433 though is it? More a 4231.

I hope we stick with it but bring in Perch for Ba. Move Jonas out on the left and have Perch in with Tiote with Cabaye more advanced (where he has been fantastic recently). Ba NEEDS to be dropped.

---Krul---

Simpson---Williamson---Coloccini---Santon

Perch---Tiote

Ben Arfa-------Cabaye-------Jonas

---Cisse---

4-3-3 / 4-2-3-1 semantics really, but I take the point.

Like the look of Perch and Tiote holding, just worried they might get in eachothers way a little though and Jonas offers more legs in there.

Either way, lets hope its after the lord mayors show for Chelsea on Wednesday

Guest VaVaVoom

Pointless semantics tbh. Anyone with an ounce of sense knows what you mean by 4-3-3  :lol:

But its not a 433. Ben Arfa isnt playing as a striker is he? Anybody with an ounce of sense would know this. :lol:

We'll get humped. But i don't care.

Maybe you should support another team then.

My post was meant to suggest that even though i think we'll get severely done at chelsea, not even that could take the shine off what has been an absoluetly fantastic season. There's no need to get pissy.

I know exactly what it meant! Save the patting ourselves on the back until the end of the season eh? Might not get a better chance to make the Champions League. Rather than just not caring anymore, why not try and keep going until its over. Your attitude is a losers attitude and it fuckin boils me.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I take it Drogba will be in for Torres and probably Ramires in for Lampard. I bet fucking Kalou scores. :anguish:

Pointless semantics tbh. Anyone with an ounce of sense knows what you mean by 4-3-3  :lol:

But its not a 433. Ben Arfa isnt playing as a striker is he? Anybody with an ounce of sense would know this. :lol:

So its a 4-5-1 then?

It is a 4-3-3 in simplictic terms, but its application is very fluid and goes between a 4-5-1 to a 4-4-2 to a 4-3-3 with every variation inbetween depending on the way he game is going

Guest Roger Kint

Fucking hell, its like talking to a child....

Totally agree with Colo on this