Chelsea vs Newcastle United - 02/05/12 @ 7.45pm - pre-match thread

Dave

i fear we won't win another game now, 3 defeats loom.

I can live with that as long as we're going for wins and get beaten.

oh aye, i agree, but i just think we needed the win on saturday to keep the momentum up and don't think we'll recover from it in these 3 games.

oh aye, i agree, but i just think we needed the win on saturday to keep the momentum up and don't think we'll recover from it in these 3 games.

Hopefully we can get results, especially in our last home and away games so the fans feel up to giving the players the send off they deserve before they all go off on holiday.  It's easier to do that if it's not off the back of a defeat.

Its crazy how quick the defeatist attitude hits this forum, we win 6 in a row and were flying we really were living the dream, one defeat hits and pow we have lost all hopes of Champions League football.

Yeah ok it was 4-0 away to wigan and not a good performance but that does not mean that all of a sudden we are s***. We have more than enough to go to Chelsea and get a win, we have plenty of quality and a playing style that can cause. ANY team problems.

We may have the toughest remaining games out of us Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal but that does not mean we cannot get three wins.

This is football ANYTHING can happen.

:clap:

It's a fair comment, and I'm guilty of it myself. Having said that, I've been pleasantly surprised at how little the Wigan has p*ssed me off. It was a horrible performance and result, but now we're confirmed in Europe it's been easier to sit back, shake my head and and not let it destroy the rest of my week like it normally does. Makes a nice change. :lol:

I could only laugh at the result :lol:

Its crazy how quick the defeatist attitude hits this forum, we win 6 in a row and were flying we really were living the dream, one defeat hits and pow we have lost all hopes of Champions League football.

Yeah ok it was 4-0 away to wigan and not a good performance but that does not mean that all of a sudden we are shit. We have more than enough to go to Chelsea and get a win, we have plenty of quality and a playing style that can cause. ANY team problems.

We may have the toughest remaining games out of us Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal but that does not mean we cannot get three wins.

This is football ANYTHING can happen.

:clap:

It's a fair comment, and I'm guilty of it myself. Having said that, I've been pleasantly surprised at how little the Wigan has pissed me off. It was a horrible performance and result, but now we're confirmed in Europe it's been easier to sit back, shake my head and and not let it destroy the rest of my week like it normally does. Makes a nice change. :lol:

Yeah, if we hadn't already been guaranteed Europe and might miss out on it due to that Wigan result I'd be depressed as fuck like!

We are a form team (still the form team in the league), we've recently just hit a rich vein of form, and we have things to play for?

We would be mental to think we cannot get into the Champions League because of the Wigan defeat, it's obviously a fuck load more difficult, but we still have a pretty good chance.

Guest WashyGeordie

Still think this is going to be a better performance than the Wigan game, just hope it's not similar to the Arsenal game and we lose last minute.

1-1. Fingers crossed!

Guest VaVaVoom

We are a form team (still the form team in the league), we've recently just hit a rich vein of form, and we have things to play for?

We would be mental to think we cannot get into the Champions League because of the Wigan defeat, it's obviously a fuck load more difficult, but we still have a pretty good chance.

Correct.

Man U could do us a favour tonight like. Win and the title is just about theres. Could be an important factor for when Citeh come here.

A point at Chelsea would be massive.

Correct.

Man U could do us a favour tonight like. Win and the title is just about theres. Could be an important factor for when Citeh come here.

A point at Chelsea would be massive.

Agree with that. Man Utd win today and City will go to SJP wearing their flip-flops.

If City do win then they are going to be under serious pressure to get a result against us. They have been top for a long time and showed they couldn't handle the pressure, even if they win I think they are going to struggle against us.

If City do win then they are going to be under serious pressure to get a result against us. They have been top for a long time and showed they couldn't handle the pressure, even if they win I think they are going to struggle against us.

Doubt that tbh. The momentum they'd get in case of a win would be immense for them.

Guest VaVaVoom

Doubt that tbh. The momentum they'd get in case of a win would be immense for them.

If City win tonight they will fuckin rape us like.

Yup, I think we're more likely to beat City if City win tonight. Just think mentally they're not there. However, if they get properly done tonight (unlikely) I think that would be amazing for us as well

If City win tonight they will fuckin rape us like.

No one rapes us at SJP man  :smug:

They will probably win tho  :(

Just go to another Boca match, there'll be loads of times you're in Buenos Aires and have nothing better to do than just go to a Boca match, so I wouldn't bother with that,

Theres only one more whilst im here, dont really wanna risk not going to one...

Don't think the City result really matters tbh. Whether they've won the title, lost the title, been hammered or destroyed Man U, it'll be a bloody tough game.