Chelsea vs Newcastle United - 02/05/12 @ 7.45pm - pre-match thread

Dave

I shall be placing that very same bet on Sunday

:D

They'll definitely score if we do win

Everyone thought that about Man Ure but my thought was if we win it will only be if we keep a clean sheet, teams like these score their heads lift and you can get hammered.

I shall be placing that very same bet on Sunday

:D

They'll definitely score if we do win

Everyone thought that about Man Ure but my thought was if we win it will only be if we keep a clean sheet, teams like these score their heads lift and you can get hammered.

It's a fair point but Man City have so many match winners and goalscorers in their team. Even if their heads drop, I think they just need one half-chance given their quality. Still, you should put the same bet on. The 3-0 was incredible

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

I think the city match will be easier, but still hard, if they're on a low. If they're on a high after tonight then I think they'l be ready to attack us something fierce and we'll be in for a very hard match.

Hopefully that fa cup game is playing on chelsea's minds and they can lose a bit of focus and then we can take full advantage of any such thing that we can.

We are a form team (still the form team in the league), we've recently just hit a rich vein of form, and we have things to play for?

We would be mental to think we cannot get into the Champions League because of the Wigan defeat, it's obviously a f*** load more difficult, but we still have a pretty good chance.

Correct.

Man U could do us a favour tonight like. Win and the title is just about theres. Could be an important factor for when Citeh come here.

A point at Chelsea would be massive.

Agree with that. Man Utd win today and City will go to SJP wearing their flip-flops.

Not only that, but as much as I would like to beat City, I would HATE handing the title to ManUtd.

We are a form team (still the form team in the league), we've recently just hit a rich vein of form, and we have things to play for?

We would be mental to think we cannot get into the Champions League because of the Wigan defeat, it's obviously a f*** load more difficult, but we still have a pretty good chance.

Correct.

Man U could do us a favour tonight like. Win and the title is just about theres. Could be an important factor for when Citeh come here.

A point at Chelsea would be massive.

Agree with that. Man Utd win today and City will go to SJP wearing their flip-flops.

Not only that, but as much as I would like to beat City, I would HATE handing the title to ManUtd.

Well, we did almost everything in our power to stop them winning the title if that's your concern. Beating them at our place, drawing at OT, losing to City....

Guest BooBoo

When was the last time we won a really crucial away game? Genuinely can't think of one. That coupled with our terrible win record at Chelsea does not exactly fill me with confidence.

Guest neesy111

When was the last time we won a really crucial away game? Genuinely can't think of one. That coupled with our terrible win record at Chelsea does not exactly fill me with confidence.

Sunderland away 2003 is the last I can remember.

Guest BooBoo

That was an important win but they were dreadful at the time. Away wins against top sides are rare as rocking horse shit if you're an NUFC fan.

Simpson's injured apparently. 

:pokerface:

He's blatantly going to make it for Wednesday. He always recovers from his "injuries".

Yeah, don't get your hopes up yet mate  :lol:

That was an important win but they were dreadful at the time. Away wins against top sides are rare as rocking horse s*** if you're an NUFC fan.

Our record at their grounds really is appalling. 1 win against Liverpool, 1 against Man City (I think) and none against Man Utd or Chelsea. Thankfully we've had a few at Arsenal.

Guest BooBoo

Even this season, whilst our away results have been canny, the highest placed side we've won at is WBA who currently lie tenth.

Massive game.

Got to approach it with a cup final attitude. One off game, let's put our all into it, contain and counter with pace and precision and just see what happens.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Beat Chelsea and then beat City and we're on cloud 900. I'm already winding City fans up on facebook saying Cisse gonna get 3 and we'll bend them over and give em a naked ass spanking. Whether that will actually happen isn't without any doubts.