Chelsea vs Newcastle United - 02/05/12 @ 7.45pm - pre-match thread

Dave

Personally i would play abeid and tiote in front of the defence.  It would be very naive to play 433 at chelsea.  We have a vulnerable defense, and they will know this from spurs/fulham/wigan results.

Biggest problem for us is right hand side.....however I guess wehave to trust hba to perform on the night.

Cisse up top and 5 man midfield, with cabaye advanced.  Ba on bench.

I would play a counter attacking 4-5-1 .. hit them on the break with the crafty passing of cabaye and the pacy dribbling of HBA. Possibly dropping Ba to the bench and replacing him with Guthrie, Gosling or Abeid. Let Gutierrez resume back at the left wing position as a defensive Winger. With,  Marveaux, Obertan and Ba coming on as impact subs.

Krul

Perch                  Williamson            Coloccini          Santon

Tiote                    Guthrie

HBA                            Cabaye                        Gutierrez

Cisse

Be happy with that like...I really do think perch would negate the punt it mentality of the right hand side with his confidence on the right hand side. Think Jonas in the middle is great though when everyone is on form.

Be happy with that like...I really do think perch would negate the punt it mentality of the right hand side with his confidence on the right hand side. Think Jonas in the middle is great though when everyone is on form.

Could play Ferguson on the left wing and let Jonas drop back to his deep lying midfield position. Just dont think it is a good game for Ba to be playing on the left wing.

Guest Roger Kint

Personally i would play abeid and tiote in front of the defence.  It would be very naive to play 433 at chelsea.  We have a vulnerable defense, and they will know this from spurs/fulham/wigan results.

Biggest problem for us is right hand side.....however I guess wehave to trust hba to perform on the night.

Abeid over Perch? What in the hell are you on now?

Perch is most likely going to be playing fullback, no?

Guest Roger Kint

Perch is most likely going to be playing fullback, no?

Even if Simpson is injured i would still play Raylor/Fergie at fullback and have Perch in Mid than take a stupd risk with a kid who has about 2 senior appearances to his name. Anyone who thinks Pardew would leave Guthrie/Gosling on the bench as well to pick him is clearly daft tbh.

Don't think the cup final at the weekend will have any bearing on wednesday night,  i think Chelsea's priority is champions league qualification over winning the cup. 

i THINK THEY'LL BE TRYING HARDER IF ANYTHING AS THEY'RE PLAYING FOR CUP FINAL PLACES.

DAMN CAPS LOCK SORRY.

Abeid played last night in the senior cup final anyway, no way would he play wednesday as well anyway.

Either Perch right back as a straight swap or Santon Right Back and Fergie or Jonas left back. Jonas could even play right back to be fair as that's where he played for Argentina in the last world cup.

Guest Roger Kint

We have already exceeded expectation this season so attack, attack, attack!!!!

Would have no problem with that, might as well go for it now.

All we have to do is win three in a row against the most in-form teams in the division and we're (probably) getting CL football.

I believe.

That's the spirit.

Aye, especially as we're currently the most in-form team and we lost to one of the Top-5 in form teams in the last match :dowie:

All we have to do is win three in a row against the most in-form teams in the division and we're (probably) getting CL football.

I believe.

Two wins and a draw would probably do it, I seriously doubt Tottenham will win three in a row.  Still very difficult like, but lets just hope Tottenham get back to losing ways and maybe we can do it with less :)

Cant see the point in going defensive. If we loose all our remaining games we'll get 6th. If we win all our remaining games we could get fourth. Id rather loose all the last 3 games trying to win that going defensive.

Krul

Santon Willo Colo Perch

Jonas Tiote

HBA                Ba

Cisse

Cant see the point in going defensive. If we loose all our remaining games we'll get 6th. If we win all our remaining games we could get fourth. Id rather loose all the last 3 games trying to win that going defensive.

Krul

Santon Willo Colo Perch

Jonas Tiote

HBA                Ba

Cisse

By the same token starting with 10 men would be reckless.

`Abeid over Perch? What in the hell are you on now?`

Starwverry&cucumber jiuice with a hint of mint from marks&spencer.  its yummy!

Perch wasnt great last time he played DM.  guthrie is too weak to be dm and imo he doesnt have future at nufc.  ABeid has talent and a future here.

However, pardew does tend to go for the safer option.

Guest bimpy474

Listening to what Pardew has been saying i reckon we will go 4-4-2.

Krul

Perch Williamson Colo Santon

Barfa  Tiote Cabaye Jonas

Ba    Cisse

Perch in for Simpson if the undroppable doesn't make it.

`Abeid over Perch? What in the hell are you on now?`

Starwverry&cucumber jiuice with a hint of mint from marks&spencer.  its yummy!

Perch wasnt great last time he played DM.  guthrie is too weak to be dm and imo he doesnt have future at nufc.  ABeid has talent and a future here.

However, pardew does tend to go for the safer option.

Ah, come on. It's not just about being the safe option, I've seen nothing at all to suggest that Abeid is the better option over Perch for that role recently, full stop.

Guest bimpy474

Perch must play if Simpson is injured. Perch, in my opinion, has been our best player of the non-regular starters throughout the season

Indeed, i also have sneaky feeling that Ba might be dropped for Ben Arfa to play off Cisse, with either Marv or Obertan to come in on the right.