Chelsea vs Newcastle United - 02/05/12 @ 7.45pm - pre-match thread

Dave

Krul

Santon    Perch        Coloccini    Raylor

HBA        Tiote          Cabaye      Jonas

Ameobi      Cisse

:D

Not a bad shout that.  Simpson cannot keep getting picked when playing so badly.

Ameobis performance at the bridge in the league cup .. fills me with confidence that he can single handedly win us this game again.

Its crazy how quick the defeatist attitude hits this forum, we win 6 in a row and were flying we really were living the dream, one defeat hits and pow we have lost all hopes of Champions League football.

Yeah ok it was 4-0 away to wigan and not a good performance but that does not mean that all of a sudden we are shit. We have more than enough to go to Chelsea and get a win, we have plenty of quality and a playing style that can cause. ANY team problems.

We may have the toughest remaining games out of us Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal but that does not mean we cannot get three wins.

This is football ANYTHING can happen.

Its crazy how quick the defeatist attitude hits this forum, we win 6 in a row and were flying we really were living the dream, one defeat hits and pow we have lost all hopes of Champions League football.

Yeah ok it was 4-0 away to wigan and not a good performance but that does not mean that all of a sudden we are s***. We have more than enough to go to Chelsea and get a win, we have plenty of quality and a playing style that can cause. ANY team problems.

We may have the toughest remaining games out of us Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal but that does not mean we cannot get three wins.

I agree with most of that, I think we lost at Wigan because we'd been through a week of hype which got to the manager and players.  I think the defeat will have focused them on what they have to do for the next 3 games.  We've got 3 games left which could bring 3 defeats at anytime of the season, it's now up to us to go and get as many poinst as possible and to do that we'll have to perform again and we can do that.

Is it easier for a manager from his players if the defeat was a thrashing ?

I think it is, had we lost 1-0 maybe they could play the we were unlucky card but thrashed in the manner we were surely should get a bigger response from them.

I think it is, had we lost 1-0 maybe they could play the we were unlucky card but thrashed in the manner we were surely should get a nigger response from them.

WTF?

I think it is, had we lost 1-0 maybe they could play the we were unlucky card but thrashed in the manner we were surely should get a nigger response from them.

WTF?

Racist keyboard alert!

Yeah ok it was 4-0 away to wigan and not a good performance but that does not mean that all of a sudden we are shit. We have more than enough to go to Chelsea and get a win, we have plenty of quality and a playing style that can cause. ANY team problems.

:clap:

Guest bimpy474

Pardew was quoted in the Chronicle that he thinks both Cabaye and Simpson will be ok.

So that gives me optimism.

And there was me thinking Simpson came off because he was playing shit. I'am beginning to wonder just how bad he has to play to be taken or dropped.

Pardew was quoted in the Chronicle that he thinks both Cabaye and Simpson will be ok.

And there was me thinking Simpson came off because he was playing s***. I'am beginning to wonder just how bad he has to play to be taken or dropped.

I think we all know i was optimistic about Cabaye, Simpson can GTFO  :D

:clap:

It's a fair comment, and I'm guilty of it myself. Having said that, I've been pleasantly surprised at how little the Wigan has pissed me off. It was a horrible performance and result, but now we're confirmed in Europe it's been easier to sit back, shake my head and and not let it destroy the rest of my week like it normally does. Makes a nice change. :lol:

Guest bimpy474

And there was me thinking Simpson came off because he was playing s***. I'am beginning to wonder just how bad he has to play to be taken or dropped.

I think we all know i was optimistic about Cabaye, Simpson can GTFO  :D

I guessed that might be the case :D