Chelsea 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 02/05/12 - post-miracle reaction from p60

Dave

We're the better side. Simple as that, so far.

My only worry is that we've expended a lot of energy in the first half. We'll need to freshen things up with some subs after an hour or so.

Really could've done with that going in, theyll make subs now surely

if we went 2-0 I'd have thought so.  Don't think they will yet.  Di Matteo will try to get through as much as this game as possible without bringing them on.  They've still had their fair share of opportunities.  Thought Malouda's header was in.

Guest Sophie S

Aye. Was immense. Better than Simpson for sure.

Lol, only just noticed that Simpson isn't even on the pitch. That shows just how much I expect from him...

Guest Klizsch

Ba is so close to finally getting back on the score sheet.

Same second half and we'll be laughing.

Come on!

Get Torres out of it and I think they can. He looks in real form and imo, a notch above everyone else in quality. Everything has basically come from or through him

How unlucky is Ba? :lol:

Some awful touches etc, but been a genuine goal threat. That smash off the bar was a lovely move btw.

One or two here or there, but on the whole he's been excellent so far today IMO. Causing their centre backs all sorts of problems.

That was sensational. It says a lot about the performance that i'm annoyed its only 1-0. We've had plenty of good chances, i worry they'll come back to haunt us.

But an exceptional first half.

Was that Oldtype?

Just what I was thinking. :lol:

Convinced it was, like. No Englishman would be daft enough to wear a blazer in amongst that lot.

Blazer and glasses.  Stuck out like a sore thumb.

Not sure why Cisse didnt try to go for the rebound off Ba's shot near the end, could've scored I reckon. Very reminiscent of Bellamy's against Feyenoord and his angle was better had he gone for it.

Guest Sophie S

Some awful touches etc, but been a genuine goal threat. That smash off the bar was a lovely move btw.

Yep, seriously unlucky. Soooo wanted that to go in.

One or two here or there, but on the whole he's been excellent so far today IMO. Causing their centre backs all sorts of problems.

agree

Guest VaVaVoom

To a man we have been fantastic in that 1st half. Absolutely fantastic.

Some of our play is some of the best football we've played this season. Actually think we bossed Chelsea there like.

So unlucky for ba when he hit the bar. Think his goal i coming in the second half if we can keep this performance up.

Doing us proud so far!

We desperately need to get through the first 5-10 mins of the second half unscathed. A quick goal for them after half time will render all this useless.

Wow,

if something could epitomize this season it's this half.

I feel like even if we lose I would be proud as hell, just like with this season.

:clap:

Cabaye is doing well to drop back and collect the ball from really deep and rotate triangles until the team is further forward. Really good to see. Until we get really reliable and settled fullbacks, that's the way forward for us IMO.