The little things in football

BlueStar

The crowd roaring for a corner.

When a team is pressing and then f*** it up and a break happens, about 4 players legging it forward with only 2 or 3 defenders. Happens to us a lot when we play Ba, Cisse and Ben Arfa up front.

Just seen this thread for the first time and there's some cracking posts but this one makes me sad  :'(

• 7 months later...

I like hearing away fans from the opposite side of the ground when their team scores. On Tv this, not when i'm at at SJP obviously.

There's an odd pause before you hear them cheer sometimes, which is quite weird.

That'll be the speed of light > speed of sound.

I like hearing away fans from the opposite side of the ground when their team scores. On Tv this, not when i'm at at SJP obviously.

There's an odd pause before you hear them cheer sometimes, which is quite weird.

That'll be the speed of light > speed of sound.

:lol: That old chestnut.

The crowd roaring for a corner.

When a team is pressing and then f*** it up and a break happens, about 4 players legging it forward with only 2 or 3 defenders. Happens to us a lot when we play Ba, Cisse and Ben Arfa up front.

Just seen this thread for the first time and there's some cracking posts but this one makes me sad  :'(

Stopped feeling even a flicker of emotion when we got a corner at some time around December.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest firetotheworks

When the ball is played out to Ben Arfa on the right, in space, on the break. It's what the edge of the seat was made for.

Another little thing that I'm enjoying and have enjoyed for a while is pronouncing player's names with an American accent and going completely overboard and changing the way that it's said. My current favourite is Ver-non Ah-ny-tay.

That Ben Arfa out wide with space roar, "go-on" is magic man.

I love that he acknowledges this ("go-go-go" from the weekend) and appreciates it.

He is one of those players  that when they receive the ball everyone stands up en masse to try and see better what he is about to do .

• 2 weeks later...
Guest reefatoon

A player getting the ball blasted in their chuckle brothers and the whole ground "ooooofff'ing" in sympathy. Us blokes understand that pain.

A player getting the ball blasted in their chuckle brothers and the whole ground "ooooofff'ing" in sympathy. Us blokes understand that pain.

Took one of those from a close-range shot while defending on the edge of the box at six-a-side this week. Had the knuckles of one hand dragging on the floor for five minutes.

Guest Haris Vuckic

When a player acknowledges a keeper after he saves his shot.

Danny Murphy practically nominated Tim Krul for a nighthood in the 2-1 at home 11/12 season.

Stunning save mind - from a header.