Newcastle United 0 - 2 Man City - 05/06/12 - post-match reaction from page 35

Beren

As a Yankees fan, I'm finding the cognitive dissonance necessary to hate the City fans for celebrating a bought title surprisingly easy to acquire.

cabaye ruined his good game with that sloppiness

He's knackered man. We gave everything. I'm proud of the boys. Toure's a big game player, you have to give credit to him and City. They played well. Beat us fair and square. They deserve the title.

Cabaye was our best player. Santon was very good, too. We were close.

Can't fault the effort, played really hard - they're a fantastic team and we had to take one of the few chances we created...

It was always going to be a really difficult day. 

Good effort.  Was always a big ask to get anything from this one. 

f*** off with that bullshit.

Why?  We had a go and we didn't exactly disgrace ourselves.  We're not playing Wolves you know.

f***. Way too f***ing negative for most game. Cabaye losing ball in the middle, terrible.

Harsh as f***. You realise we are playing the champions elect who have a 0.5 billion squad at their disposal yes?

There's a point that we have been too safe, we've really given other massive teams a go during the season. I think the approach has generally been right today but just a little too conservative.

f***. Way too f***ing negative for most game. Cabaye losing ball in the middle, terrible.

Harsh as fuck. You realise we are playing the champions elect who have a 0.5 billion squad at their disposal yes?

Exactly. We gave it our all. We had chances, too. Anyone criticising our game play or our players need to get their heads checked.