Newcastle United 0 - 2 Man City - 05/06/12 - post-match reaction from page 35

Beren

Gutted, but so proud of even having something to play for this late in the season.

Fulham is a good team on its day. Lets cheer for Villa, Fulham and WBA.

Results are falling our way even if our result didnt.

As much as Pardew got it right against Chelsea he got it terribly wrong today.

Will go in to the last day with a chance of 4th if Spurs result stays the same....

But looks incredibly unlikely now.

Great season none the less, well done lads :thup:

Didn't see where he got it wrong tbh...

They played as well as they could, Man City have a star studded team and played out of their skins... FFS...

Can't believe what i'm hearing in here.

Too negative? What fucking planet are you on. Surely the fact that we were torn apart the second we were "positive", proves the fact that Pardew got his tactics right.

Guest Loven11

No shame in getting beat by these cunts and I thought we did alright tbf. I hope Villa can get a win against Spurs and let's see what happens next week.

I never thought in a million years we'd be fighting for Champions League qualification so to still be in with a chance of it going into the last week is fucking great and a job well done by all this season. Ho'way the lads.

Great season though.

f***. Way too f***ing negative for most game. Cabaye losing ball in the middle, terrible.

Harsh as f***. You realise we are playing the champions elect who have a 0.5 billion squad at their disposal yes?

There's a point that we have been too safe, we've really given other massive teams a go during the season. I think the approach has generally been right today but just a little too conservative.

Contain them until late in the game where they would need to commit men forward and try and hit them on the break seems like a very sensible game plan to me.

Yup. If Ben Arfa had scored or we bundled in a ball from one of our counters then everyone would say that our game plan was brilliant. It's a game of fine margins. We had two or three good chances before they scored.

A team like City with quality players in every spot was always going to be a huge ask for us to beat tbh.

We're still a few players away, and they needed a moment of real quality from a truly top player to beat us.

No shame in that.

As much as Pardew got it right against Chelsea he got it terribly wrong today.

Will go in to the last day with a chance of 4th if Spurs result stays the same....

But looks incredibly unlikely now.

Great season none the less, well done lads :thup:

Fuck off..

f***. Way too f***ing negative for most game. Cabaye losing ball in the middle, terrible.

Harsh as f***. You realise we are playing the champions elect who have a 0.5 billion squad at their disposal yes?

There's a point that we have been too safe, we've really given other massive teams a go during the season. I think the approach has generally been right today but just a little too conservative.

Contain them until late in the game where they would need to commit men forward and try and hit them on the break seems like a very sensible game plan to me.

I know, hence why i said the plan was generally right but we tried to go super direct at the end with lumping crosses in, i think the last 2 months have shown we're better when we go for it in different ways. Still, what a fantastic season from the players, great effort.

Poor effort today really. Don't care who we were playing. Great season and extremely proud of the lads, just came up short at the end for cl, even if spuds lose we still need a huge slice of luck on the last game.

???

Can't fault the team or Pardew for anything today. We played great and would have beaten anyone else in the league on a day like today. City showed why they're challenging for the title and we're a step below challenging for the CL and that's nothing to be ashamed of.

A team like City with quality players in every spot was always going to be a huge ask for us to beat tbh.

We're still a few players away, and they needed a moment of real quality from a truly top player to beat us.

No shame in that.

Shak is spot on.

:icon_puke_r: