Newcastle United 0 - 2 Man City - 05/06/12 - post-match reaction from page 35

Beren

no complaints from me, difficult choice of what to do, youve got to be cautious and watch Tevez, Aguero and Silva..not forgetting Toure...wr had to be careful.

Never mind.

So, so happy with this season.

Guest andrew

Can't believe what i'm hearing in here.

Too negative? What f***ing planet are you on. Surely the fact that we were torn apart the second we were "positive", proves the fact that Pardew got his tactics right.

Got to buy a ticket if you want to win the lottery. We were at home, we've beaten manure here 3-0, no reason why we should hope for a similar performance.

because man city are fucking miles better than man united? look at the spine of their team- hart, kompany, yaya, aguero. look what happened when we tried to go all out attack at the end :iamatwat:

Can't believe what i'm hearing in here.

Too negative? What f***ing planet are you on. Surely the fact that we were torn apart the second we were "positive", proves the fact that Pardew got his tactics right.

Got to buy a ticket if you want to win the lottery. We were at home, we've beaten manure here 3-0, no reason why we should hope for a similar performance.

because man city are fucking miles better than man united? look at the spine of their team- hart, kompany, yaya, aguero. look what happened when we tried to go all out attack at the end :iamatwat:

Bhut wer @ hom!!!1 ATACCC!!!!!!111

one

Disappointed, great effort though and they were simply better than us.

It's been a superb season on the whole though. We could still get CL next week and even of we don't we are definitely in the Europa league, which might be better as we will have a chance of winning it.

Bitter in the way we lost it, but we still had a great season.

How can you be bitter? When we pushed men forward they counter-attacked us to death. If we had done that from the beginning then we would have been fucked. It was an excellent game plan but the execution was just short. If we had held out for five more minutes, they would have had to push up and who knows what could happen. We certainly weren't going to beat them going head on. Did you watch them dominate against Man Utd?

And the season isn't over yet, beat Everton next week and we still might sneak top four.

Thought we played well. Just a few too many world class players to contend with.

The only thing I'd question Pardew on is subbing Ben Arfa. I get why he did it - just not sure I agree with it.

Other than that, a good effort and a fantastic season. We will still be in it on the final day (hopefully Villa can hold out for at least a point).

They all looked gutted when the second goal went in. You can tell how much it means to the team. Love them all. :clap:

Fantastic effort, we played brilliantly and lost to a moment of magic, meaning we had to chase the game and get hit on the counter. No shame whatsoever, and regardless of whether things work out for us next week it's been a fantastic season, the lads have made us proud. :thup:

We made some really good chances for ourselves, yes. However it just seems like we let them get nice and comfortable in the first half and it carried on into the 2nd really. I think we were capable of making life a bit more difficult for them.

Fantastic season though and we're still in with a shout of top 4 provided facking spurs don't win. Great season and massively proud of the team.

Guest guinness_fiend

Considering that our entire starting eleven cost (roughly) two of Tevez, we have been exceptional this season. Pardiola is clearly a motivator but at the end of the day, City are fighting for the league and kept on knocking at the door until it caved in (cliché-tastic but true).  No complaints here.  And first the first time ever, I am cheering Villa on! :lol:

Disappointed of course, but fair play to Man City. Kompany and Toure were immense.

Our top guns probably weren't at their best, but credit to Kompany for that... and of course we did have a very tiring and difficult midweek game at Stamford Bridge while they had a break. Even so, it took them a real moment of quality to crack open our dogged defence.. and it wasn't like we were sliced open, it was a brilliant curled effort from outside the box.

Shame that Cisse, Cabaye and HBA never really got going as we know they can - and our other players did shimmer in fits and starts, but not always in the same spells.

Fantastic season, but still one game to go, so... try to keep our chins up and prepare for Everton and hope we still have something to go for.

A team like City with quality players in every spot was always going to be a huge ask for us to beat tbh.

We're still a few players away, and they needed a moment of real quality from a truly top player to beat us.

No shame in that.

http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/QUengJu9pfI/hqdefault.jpg

:sweetjesus:

Gonna grow my nails out and get that funky beard. It's not going down like this.

It's my birthday in less than three weeks.

You know what I want...

:sweetjesus: