Newcastle United 0 - 2 Man City - 05/06/12 - post-match reaction from page 35

Beren

Bitter in the way we lost it, but we still had a great season.

How can you be bitter? When we pushed men forward they counter-attacked us to death. If we had done that from the beginning then we would have been f***ed. It was an excellent game plan but the execution was just short. If we had held out for five more minutes, they would have had to push up and who knows what could happen. We certainly weren't going to beat them going head on. Did you watch them dominate against Man Utd?

Absolutely. They had already just subbed Dzeko on seconds before they scored. If we could have held on for 5 or 10 more minutes who knows what may have happened with the space they were bound to conceed at the back in search of a breakthrough. I don't think we have to feel sorry for ourselves at all. We've had a brilliant season and held strong today. We were just beaten by a better side, one that was assembled at an unreal cost too.

A team like City with quality players in every spot was always going to be a huge ask for us to beat tbh.

We're still a few players away, and they needed a moment of real quality from a truly top player to beat us.

No shame in that.

http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/QUengJu9pfI/hqdefault.jpg

:sweetjesus:

Gonna grow my nails out and get that funky beard. It's not going down like this.

It's my birthday in less than three weeks.

You know what I want...

:lol: I'm uncomfortable.

A team like City with quality players in every spot was always going to be a huge ask for us to beat tbh.

We're still a few players away, and they needed a moment of real quality from a truly top player to beat us.

No shame in that.

http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/QUengJu9pfI/hqdefault.jpg

Gonna grow my nails out and get that funky beard. It's not going down like this.

It's my birthday in less than three weeks.

You know what I want...

:lol: I'm uncomfortable.

Be a hell of a way to finally make your face known on the forum. :lol:

How can you be bitter? When we pushed men forward they counter-attacked us to death. If we had done that from the beginning then we would have been fucked. It was an excellent game plan but the execution was just short. If we had held out for five more minutes, they would have had to push up and who knows what could happen. We certainly weren't going to beat them going head on. Did you watch them dominate against Man Utd?

No, I didn't want us to go gun-ho and attack them from the off. But I felt we could have found a better balance between containment and attack. (i,e, against Man Utd) Anyway, it's not as if Man City aren't good at winning tight games.

Just a bit disappointed in our approach to the game, we proved all season that we can spring a surprise or two. Don't think our players looked that comfortable out there playing cautiously for that long.

Guest guinness_fiend

How can you be bitter? When we pushed men forward they counter-attacked us to death. If we had done that from the beginning then we would have been f***ed. It was an excellent game plan but the execution was just short. If we had held out for five more minutes, they would have had to push up and who knows what could happen. We certainly weren't going to beat them going head on. Did you watch them dominate against Man Utd?

No, I didn't want us to go gun-ho and attack them from the off. But I felt we could have found a better balance between containment and attack. (i,e, against Man Utd) Anyway, it's not as if Man City aren't good at winning tight games.

Just a bit disappointed in our approach to the game, we proved all season that we can spring a surprise or two. Don't think our players looked that comfortable out there playing cautiously for that long.

City are brutal though.  Aguero, Tevez and Nasri can slice teams apart.  You have to keep in mind that Manchester United could offer nothing against them earlier this week.  We have over-achieved all season and whilst we have a lot of heart (probably more than any of the top five teams), playing against world class players is never going to be easy.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

mancini's sub moves clearly made the difference and joe hart too making important saves when he had too he's a top quality keeper.

We just lacked that cutting edge upfront that we have had of late and seemed to be snatching at everything. Was never confident we would score really as the strikers just weren't quite at it and man city's defence were solid.

We played far better against City than Man Utd did, albeit at home.

If Man Utd feel the need to play cautious, then i'm pretty sure we should too.

Just lacked one or two more players with the ability to make something special happen, they have a squad full of them. Someone of Hatems quality coming through the middle and a top class defender to partner Colo and a fullback to match Santons class and we will do well again next year.

We were undone by class today, but we did ourselves proud.

On the upside Santon was fantastic and some of the link up play from Cabaye to the front three was sublime. Also some real quality from Ferguson in his cameo. I don't really know what we are going to do with him next year though. 

Also on a side note, dissapointed not to see Marveaux get some minutes.

Just lacked one or two more players with the ability to make something special happen, they have a squad full of them. Someone of Hatems quality coming through the middle and a top class defender to partner Colo and a fullback to match Santons class and we will do well again next year.

On the upside Santon was fantastic and some of the link up play from Cabaye to the front three was sublime. Also some real quality from Ferguson in his cameo. I don't really know what we are going to do with him next year though. 

Mould him into an attacking left-back.

Kick in the gut the fact we lost, but so proud and happy about our season and effort. Few bounces could have gone our way we could have gotten something and who knows.  Yaya and Kompany were just a class above man, and I'm proud of our effort and desire. Those in attendance were brilliant from the sound of it and I wish I could see the lap of honour. 

Mould him into an attacking left-back.

I thought that was what we were doing. Seems like we have given up on that though, since he returned we have played him further up. That could just be because he has more of an impact from there if he is coming on.

I would be happy if we did go back to doing that though and keep him around as back up for a new LB/LW. Wouldnt mind seeing him on loan somewhere in the premiership though also.

Very sad to see Jonas exposed so often today, seemed off the pace and lacking the awareness of the rest of the team. Has to be pushed inside like I said at half time if he's to continue instead of keeping Ferguson out, who was like an absolute breath of fresh air when he came on.

Very sad to see Jonas exposed so often today, seemed off the pace and lacking the awareness of the rest of the team. Has to be pushed inside like I said at half time if he's to continue instead of keeping Ferguson out, who was like an absolute breath of fresh air when he came on.

Totally disagree, Jonas' hard work and unselfish play was one of the main reasons we held them off for so long imo.