Newcastle United 0 - 2 Man City - 05/06/12 - post-match reaction from page 35

Beren

In answer to a criticism that they have bought the title on 606 the presenters defended them by saying Man Utd  did the same and foreign clubs like Bayern do the same too.

Absolute bullshit. Those clubs have evolved over decades and their financial strength has come from football activities and spin offs.

Man City have just bent over and and allowed themselves to become some rich Arab's whore. No evolution, no class, just an insane spending spree which distorts and damages the game as they buy their instant fix. If that wasn't enough they lost any remaining dignity by letting Tevez back into the club after he wiped his arse on their shirt.

Once the Arab ditches them for a new bitch it'll be back to a half empty stadium and more decades of inferiority complex.

In answer to a criticism that they have bought the title on 606 the presenters defended them by saying Man Utd  did the same and foreign clubs like Bayern do the same too.

Absolute bullshit. Those clubs have evolved over decades and their financial strength has come from football activities and spin offs.

Man City have just bent over and and allowed themselves to become some rich Arab's whore. No evolution, no class, just an insane spending spree which distorts and damages the game as they buy their instant fix. If that wasn't enough they lost any remaining dignity by letting Tevez back into the club after he wiped his arse on their shirt.

Once the Arab ditches them for a new bitch it'll be back to a half empty stadium and more decades of inferiority complex.

:lol: :thup:

ManYoo won each year because they financially strong is daft basically u earn more income is you keep winning league... Instant big team like chelsea or city makes premier league more competitive (bring more chaos into the fray it will bring more balance somewhat) less finance club get more advantage also i.e. prove Andy Carroll gives us 35 mill from much better finance club... just look at barca & real madrid because they financially strong & no new rich team comes... look at la liga become... never ending 2 horse race...

When the booing started midway through the first half, it was spine-tingling. Absolutely cracking stuff. Even though we lost it was a day that made you proud to be from Newcastle. The statue, the atmosphere, the effort from the team, it all made for just about the most rewarding loss I've ever witnessed. We've shown we can create that noise, more of the same in August please. :thup:

When the booing started midway through the first half, it was spine-tingling. Absolutely cracking stuff. Even though we lost it was a day that made you proud to be from Newcastle. The statue, the atmosphere, the effort from the team, it all made for just about the most rewarding loss I've ever witnessed. We've shown we can create that noise, more of the same in August please. :thup:

ManYoo won each year because they financially strong is daft basically u earn more income is you keep winning league... Instant big team like chelsea or city makes premier league more competitive (bring more chaos into the fray it will bring more balance somewhat) less finance club get more advantage also i.e. prove Andy Carroll gives us 35 mill from much better finance club... just look at barca & real madrid because they financially strong & no new rich team comes... look at la liga become... never ending 2 horse race...

Exactly. How much did they likes of Giggs and Scholes cost Man U? and they've both been constant in their success. Maybe its just me but I can't see any young players breaking through at City and playing 20 seasons.

The games not exactly thriving when Man Utd win every year. You can say they earnt that as they built up to it, but the results of that still put them way to far out infront & left it completely unbalanced. If teams with financial strength to match hadnt turned up due to that, there be barely any challenge to the title.

They spent over 105 mill on 5 players in two seasons not long back, thats far to big an advantage for one side to have if others cant compete.

Was a little disappointed, but not at all surprised to see two objects thrown at Joe Hart in the 2nd half. c***s.

What happened? Was it when he went over to the advertising hordings? I was focussed on the play. It's not on when that line is crossed like. I can't stand Joe Hart but anything more than verbal/visual abuse is fucking disgusting.

A couple of things at both ends of the second half were thrown at him. One landed just short of the netting and another went over his head.

Didn't see who it was but it seemed to be from central and slightly right in the lower tier.

Guest neesy111

A couple of things at both ends of the second half were thrown at him. One landed just short of the netting and another went over his head.

Didn't see who it was but it seemed to be from central and slightly right in the lower tier.

Tbf he went on all game like an absolute cunt.

Being an old fucker, I was there in 1968 the day Man City won the First Division title by beating us 4-3 (while Sunderland beat Man U). I remember it as a great day, although I felt a little guilty about enjoying a match we'd lost until some grown-up reassured me that it was OK to get off on the football and the occasion. It's funny that there seems to be something of the same atmosphere about today's defeat -- we lost, but hey, it's not that bad really and at least we gave them a game. Don't often feel that way after a defeat. I felt better today than I did at the end of last season after our pathetic second-half capitulation against West Brom. I was at that match, but so deflated by the end of it that I didn't stay for the lap of honour. My brother and I just looked at each other and said, "this team needs some new players".

So, anyway, 1968. The next season, of course, we went on to win the Fairs Cup, ancestor of the Europa League. So let's hope the pattern continues...

Not sure if been posted or not but......

Vincent Kompany ‏ @VincentKompany

Don't let the "big four" fool you, Newcastle are cormfortabely amongst the best in the league. No leaving St. James without bruises. #Fact

Respect to a top class player  :aww:

Not sure if been posted or not but......

Vincent Kompany ‏ @VincentKompany

Don't let the "big four" fool you, Newcastle are cormfortabely amongst the best in the league. No leaving St. James without bruises. #Fact

Respect to a top class player  :aww:

nice!

So proud of many aspects from today. Proud of our performance, proud of Sir Bobby's statue, proud of the atmosphere, proud that we applauded the Man City players, proud of how many stayed afterwards and just proud that we have such a likeable set of players. The players gave it everything, but Man City were also superb and would've beaten anyone with Kompany and Yaya on that form. Great day, it's a shame we lost but we have so much to be proud of. It can be such a privilege to support this club.

Hey, maybe the Newcastle-Man City relationship could turn into a Sunderland-Norwich or Sunderland-Villa ;D

The games not exactly thriving when Man Utd win every year. You can say they earnt that as they built up to it, but the results of that still put them way to far out infront & left it completely unbalanced. If teams with financial strength to match hadnt turned up due to that, there be barely any challenge to the title.

They spent over 105 mill on 5 players in two seasons not long back, thats far to big an advantage for one side to have if others cant compete.

I read recently that ManYoo won their first title under Ferguson with nine million-pound players. The next closest team had five. Their average first team member cost more than third-placed Norwich's record signing. I distinctly remember Paul Ince, with Gazza the best young English midfielder at the time, join them when they were a mid-table side. Since they struggled to win either cup, you can't say that he went there for medals.

I hope the wheels fall off a bit at Citeh like at Chelsea, but don't begrudge them one or two trophies. The big prize in modern football is CL qualification, and the larger the number of teams fighting for it, the easier it is for an outlier to sneak in. If it weren't for Citeh, second in the league would be the team with a new 70,000 seater stadium and one hundred quid cheapest tickets. I don't see any great romance there either.

As for the match, we battled well but couldn't convert the few chances we produced. That's what you have to do to beat such a strong side.

A minor point, but I've never noticed David Silva winning tackles and getting the ball back as much. I think he even took it off Tiote a couple of times.