Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

French correspondant for talk sport just been on saying he's amazed the deal hasn't gone through. Doesn't know what to think anymore much like the rest of us then, lol

Also said he thought there was a low release clause but thought that the fact he had played for France in the Euros might have triggered a higher release clause.

I wonder if we are waiting to see if we qualify for the Europa group stages before pushing ahead with all our signings... Crazy to think but wouldn't be totally surprising if it was having some baring on our transfer window...

I wonder if we are waiting to see if we qualify for the Europa group stages before pushing ahead with all our signings... Crazy to think but wouldn't be totally surprising if it was having some baring on our transfer window...

That's actually a really decent point I hadn't considered, it would make a lot of sense (especially top players who may want to see us assured of European football).

I honestly wouldn't mind getting a bargain bin striker to replace Best if it meant getting Debuchy over the line. Doesn't look that's even being considered though considering the fees offered for Carroll and De Jong.

If Simpson is our starting man, come September, we are fucked. We won´t managed to make such a good year again with such a limited squad, especially with some very limited starting players.