Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Does anyone else think we start so low with bids because we pay in full straight off. The sellin club then have the full amount to find a replacement rather than for half straight up and bits and bobs here and there

From Ligue 1 commentator and reporter David Crossan on Twitter (@davidmcrossan, worth a follow, usually has good information):

"This #Debuchy stuff is just standard negotiating ploy to increase fee. About 6.5 mill pounds (8 mill euros) could be accepted by #lille"

6.5 million seems a reasonable compromise for a player of his obvious quality.

I think we would pay that as well.

Aye, it is a reasonable price for an international fullback. The supposed £4 million bid we've put in is a bit a of a joke like :laugh:

I remember the days we offered Everton 20 million for Rooney.

Days after Manu had a bid of the same amount rejected.

We were the first bidders IIRC.

Actually, didn't Man U only come in because we did?

Why do people react this way every time? You bid low, and work your way up. Or you bid low, wait and play brinkmanship. Either way you don't start with a massive bid - some of you must be shit at haggling. Never go to a Moroccan market!

:lol: I love how mental people go at our low bids. If the first bid we make is accepted then it indicates that we've probably offered more than the minimum amount the selling club were willing to do a deal for.

Some of the comments here indicate people would struggle in the Grainger Market, never mind Marrakech. If you accept the first price offered from any market stall selling anything pricier than fruit and veg or whatever then you must be the biggest mug going.

Guest elbee909

I remember when Evra moved to Man Utd.  £5.5 million.  So I don't see what's wrong with going in with a reasonable amount of money, sometimes it just works.

Does anyone else think we start so low with bids because we pay in full straight off. The sellin club then have the full amount to find a replacement rather than for half straight up and bits and bobs here and there

I think the fact the we now pay transfer fees up front and in full makes our position stronger as a consequence.

if we offer 5.5mill, that's what you'll get, not 2mill now and a mill every year for the next three and 500 thousand in year four.

It's a good policy that should/will pay dividends IMO.

He will have no shortage of offers after the way he has played unfortunately. I could see Man U going for him tbh. Which means its in our interest to up it to say 6 mill and hope it goes through, he will be worth more after a season in the league I reckon so little risk

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/06/20/united-want-demba-ba-to-link-up-with-luuk-de-jong-61634-31220023/2/

Yesterday morning also brought further confirmation of an initial offer for Lille right-back Mathieu Debuchy.

The bid – tabled low at £4million – is a historic one and Newcastle have yet to follow it up with an increased offer, a fact that brought ridicule from Lille boss Rudi Garcia.

The French side say they want double United’s offer but Newcastle are attempting to broker a deal for around £6million and hope to use the player’s desire to come to St James’ Park as a bargaining tool. In case the move falls through they have sounded out alternatives, having made enquiries about Nathaniel Clyne of Crystal Palace.

“He is torn between staying with us and playing in the Champions League in our new stadium or going elsewhere,” Garcia revealed on Tuesday.

“If he does go and it is a sporting progression, then we will be happy to see him evolve – but we have not planned to replace him.

“But I do believe that Newcastle have faxed an offer of £4million – but they must have the wrong player.”

Nowt new there really, but if their figures are correct then we're not a million miles away already. £6m would be a good deal from what I've seen.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/06/20/united-want-demba-ba-to-link-up-with-luuk-de-jong-61634-31220023/2/

Yesterday morning also brought further confirmation of an initial offer for Lille right-back Mathieu Debuchy.

The bid – tabled low at £4million – is a historic one and Newcastle have yet to follow it up with an increased offer, a fact that brought ridicule from Lille boss Rudi Garcia.

The French side say they want double United’s offer but Newcastle are attempting to broker a deal for around £6million and hope to use the player’s desire to come to St James’ Park as a bargaining tool. In case the move falls through they have sounded out alternatives, having made enquiries about Nathaniel Clyne of Crystal Palace.

“He is torn between staying with us and playing in the Champions League in our new stadium or going elsewhere,” Garcia revealed on Tuesday.

“If he does go and it is a sporting progression, then we will be happy to see him evolve – but we have not planned to replace him.

“But I do believe that Newcastle have faxed an offer of £4million – but they must have the wrong player.

Nowt new there really, but if their figures are correct then we're not a million miles away already. £6m would be a good deal from what I've seen.

:memelol:

“But I do believe that Newcastle have faxed an offer of £4million – but they must have the wrong player.”

If we get anything above 2m for Simpson we've massively upgraded the position for a fairly modest sum, would be great business.

http://www.mercato365.com/infos-clubs/lille/inter-milan-relance-pour-debuchy-862579.shtml

Not sure of the reliability of the source, but basically says Inter will pay 7m Euros for him.

I think we have the advantage over Inter since they're without CL..And I honestly can see us paying 7 mill EUR for him. For that sum we'll have our RB position fixed for the 5 next seasons.

http://www.mercato365.com/infos-clubs/lille/inter-milan-relance-pour-debuchy-862579.shtml

Not sure of the reliability of the source, but basically says Inter will pay 7m Euros for him.

Sounds like bullshit if the lauged of our £4m bid.

It is strange , but most journo's seem to think think a bid of around £6m will be enough..... the extra 2m making all the difference from a joke to a serious offer lol.