Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Guest Roger Kint

If Sky are correct and Lille want near £6m then our next bid will probably come close to their valuations. I cannot really see what's so laughably bad about this bid.

Same here, when it comes to a club offering £6m over three installments or £4m cash up front then its not bad at all. Decent starting offer imo.

75% hopeful that we'll get him. I think the £4 Million is them trying to lose no money for an upgrade on Simpson (a tad optimistic). I think they'll up their bid soon.

i'm 100% hopeful that we get him but about 50% sure that we will.

75% hopeful that we'll get him. I think the £4 Million is them trying to lose no money for an upgrade on Simpson (a tad optimistic). I think they'll up their bid soon.

i'm 100% hopeful that we get him but about 50% sure that we will.

You need to stop building your hopes up Madras  :razz:

It all depends on him really. If he wants to come here, he will force his club's hand to accept the closest valuation. Player power these days dictates this type of transfer. As someone said just above, Lille should expect a transfer request soon.

If Sky are correct and Lille want near £6m then our next bid will probably come close to their valuations. I cannot really see what's so laughably bad about this bid.

Was thinking exactly the same. If they value him at £12m and we bid £4m that's laughable. Bidding £2m below the valuation is not. Maybe he just likes to laugh at unfunny shit?

Why is it we have to try and jeopardise the position we're in by sending in a shitty offer like that?!  Just cough up the extra 2 bloody million for christ's sake.

how does it jeopardise the position ? if anything it unsettles the player and we may get him cheaper.

also seems interesting that we make a bid when it's unlikely we'd be able to immediatly negotiate with the player, wink wink.

It's more the fact that, if the papers can be believed, other clubs (for example Inter) are readying offers, so we could steal a march on them and perhaps scare other clubs off.  It seems silly to quibble over an extra 2 million when, at that price, we'd still be getting a fantastic player for almost a pittance (how much was Hutton again?)!

Don't get me wrong, if we REALLY think we could get him cheaper then that's obviously worth a shot, but thus far it seems Lille have been quoting the same figure for a long time and it's not that far over what we've offered.

If someone came in and offered 2 million more than us and signed him, would you not be annoyed?  Obviously it's all hypothetical but you know what I mean.

If the reports are correct then they value him at £6m, we came in a £4m. That's how negotiations work, you go in low and hopefully can meet in the middle (depending on how stubborn they are and/or how much they really value the player).

What would have been laughable is if we immediately faxed their 'valuation', which probably would have achieved little more than change the title of this thread to "£6m bid made for Mathieu Debuchy, laughed at by Lille coach".

Why do people react this way every time? You bid low, and work your way up. Or you bid low, wait and play brinkmanship. Either way you don't start with a massive bid - some of you must be shit at haggling. Never go to a Moroccan market!

Get £2m in for Simpson pretty much in the bag, offer £5m ish. 

If we could manage that, it would be a superb bit of business.  A massive upgrade on Simpson for around 3.5 million quid.  Perhaps they are waiting on someone to actually show interest in Simpson?  WOuld guess we'll up our offer either way.

Come on QPR, make a bid FFS!

If the reports are correct then they value him at £6m, we came in a £4m. That's how negotiations work, you go in low and hopefully can meet in the middle (depending on how stubborn they are and/or how much they really value the player).

:thup:

I would be highly shocked if we did'nt go back in with a improved offer.

Get £2m in for Simpson pretty much in the bag, offer £5m ish. 

If we could manage that, it would be a superb bit of business.  A massive upgrade on Simpson for around 3.5 million quid.  Perhaps they are waiting on someone to actually show interest in Simpson?  WOuld guess we'll up our offer either way.

Come on QPR, make a bid FFS!

I think we'll get more for Simpson tbh.

£4m bid for Debuchy, the max we will pay for Clyne would be £5m, I could see Ashley reaching a point where he's not prepared to pay anymore and play the games that will come with his club and his agent.