Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Debuchy's Wikipedia has been changed and he is a Newcastle player on there. So he must of signed, Wikipedia confirms everything!

I think there's a bit of complacency that the player is going to sit on his hands and wait for the two clubs to find an agreeable fee.

If another club comes in and offers the money Lille want then in the player's eyes that club is more determined to get him and values him higher. If we spend the whole summer haggling we may miss out on this one, let's not forget he's a France international on the market straight after an international tournament that put him in the shop window. As transfers happen elsewhere, other top clubs might lose their right backs and enter the fray.

Are there any quotes where he says he wants to come to Newcastle? I've seen the local rags saying it but I haven't seen any actual quotes from the player saying that. I may have missed something, but it seems like an assumption that we're his first choice.

I'm uneasy about playing a game of brinkmanship, we have done it to good effect before but we have also ended up with nothing, panic signings and relegation too. This is the one area of the first team we can improve without breaking the bank, it may be better all things considered to just get him in.

Or at the very least, make a final unconditional offer to Lille and if they don't accept it, move onto another target.

I think there's a bit of complacency that the player is going to sit on his hands and wait for the two clubs to find an agreeable fee.

If another club comes in and offers the money Lille want then in the player's eyes that club is more determined to get him and values him higher. If we spend the whole summer haggling we may miss out on this one, let's not forget he's a France international on the market straight after an international tournament that put him in the shop window. As transfers happen elsewhere, other top clubs might lose their right backs and enter the fray.

Are there any quotes where he says he wants to come to Newcastle? I've seen the local rags saying it but I haven't seen any actual quotes from the player saying that. I may have missed something, but it seems like an assumption that we're his first choice.

I'm uneasy about playing a game of brinkmanship, we have done it to good effect before but we have also ended up with nothing, panic signings and relegation too. This is the one area of the first team we can improve without breaking the bank, it may be better all things considered to just get him in.

Or at the very least, make a final unconditional offer to Lille and if they don't accept it, move onto another target.

Pretty sure he said we're an option.

I think that Lille accepting another clubs bid would actually help us as they would then lose the excuse of looking for a replacement before selling Debuchy.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/04/06/yohan-cabaye-reveals-pal-wants-to-join-newcastle-61634-30704994/

He did say we are 'priority' and no doubt Cabaye has a huge factor in that, but there is definatly some truth in what your saying.

Debuchy won't wait forever. If Inter do come in with a bid and we don't retaliate with a fresh bid of our own, he'll be off im sure. Chelsea and Inter the other intrested parties? Not exactly one's we dont have to worry about. 

It's frustrating but I do believe it when Lille say they won't sell without a adequate replacement.

I don't doubt for a second if we went in with a silly offer they would sell but I am glad those days are behind us. With the sale of Hazard they are pretty much in the driving seat.

I think that Lille accepting another clubs bid would actually help us as they would then lose the excuse of looking for a replacement before selling Debuchy.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/04/06/yohan-cabaye-reveals-pal-wants-to-join-newcastle-61634-30704994/

Thanks, I hadn't seen those quotes.

I reckon it's more a game of brinkmanship between the two clubs, and the replacement thing is as you say just an excuse to show they are in no hurry to sell. We know they will want to offload an unhappy player as the window draws closer, but they know we will also get more desperate as time runs out. My main concern is another club comes in in the mean time, and the player probably won't be too impressed that we have spent the whole summer trying to get him on the cheap. I haven't seen much of him but his stock seems pretty high, coming out of a successful Lille team and playing every game for France in the Euros.

I get the feeling it's gonna be a major coup or a disaster if we let this run right to the deadline.

The real issue in my opinion is that Lille don't want to sell him at all. All this gash about not selling until they find a replacement followed by trolling us by signing a young right back and still maintaining they havent found a replacement yet is pure stalling. I reckon they hope we'll get frustrated and move on and they think they can talk Debuchy round from his desire to leave. I mean Inter and Chelsea (who have unlimited funds again) haven't agreed a fee either. It might be different if we offered them silly money for him however.

I reckon it's more a game of brinkmanship between the two clubs, and the replacement thing is as you say just an excuse to show they are in no hurry to sell. We know they will want to offload an unhappy player as the window draws closer, but they know we will also get more desperate as time runs out. My main concern is another club comes in in the mean time, and the player probably won't be too impressed that we have spent the whole summer trying to get him on the cheap. I haven't seen much of him but his stock seems pretty high, coming out of a successful Lille team and playing every game for France in the Euros.

I get the feeling it's gonna be a major coup or a disaster if we let this run right to the deadline.

I honestly think that Debuchy knows exactly what is going on as I'm sure that he's in contact with Cabaye and I'm sure that Pardew knows exactly how Debuchy is feeling.  I wouldn't be surprised if Cabaye and Debuchy are talking every day.  I don't think we have anything to worry about and it's just a matter of time before we get him.  At the minute we have plenty of time and he will know that and will not do anything too early.  I'm sure that will change if we get too close to the end of the transfer window and nothing has happened.  I can't see Lille keeping a player if he really wants to leave the club.

They will want more money and that is why they are still hanging on and saying they need a replacement when they've brought somebody in to cover his position.  I think the noises about us moving on are just us trying to push Lille into doing something.

I honestly think that Debuchy knows exactly what is going on as I'm sure that he's in contact with Cabaye and I'm sure that Pardew knows exactly how Debuchy is feeling.  I wouldn't be surprised if Cabaye and Debuchy are talking every day.  I don't think we have anything to worry about and it's just a matter of time before we get him.  At the minute we have plenty of time and he will know that and will not do anything too early.  I'm sure that will change if we get too close to the end of the transfer window and nothing has happened.  I can't see Lille keeping a player if he really wants to leave the club.

They will want more money and that is why they are still hanging on and saying they need a replacement when they've brought somebody in to cover his position.  I think the noises about us moving on are just us trying to push Lille into doing something.

i'd be very surprised if the club weren't in regular touch with him via his agent.