Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Not far from the truth. His early season performances were amongst our best for any player. No one could quite believe it.

It's miles away from being the truth, Jonas covered his arse and we had quite a few more important players than Ryan Taylor who to be fair was better than expected most of the time.

Better players early in the season were Krul, Coloccini, Jonas, Ba, Cabaye, Steve Taylor, Tiote, possibly Best.

Overly harsh.

Tell me Jonas didn't cover his arse or that he was better than any of the players I've mentioned and I'll think again.  I've said he was better than expected and he did play a part, he wasn't "one of the main reasons we had such a good start."

We were lucky that most of our back-up players did better than expected, I wouldn't want to have to rely on them too much in the coming season.

Time to move on, what happens if they don't get a replacement?

So we give up on a long term target 5 weeks before the deadline closes? He's clearly our first choice so I'd rather he came on August 31st than our 2nd or 3rd choices coming on July 31st just because we can't sit it out a bit longer.

So we give up on a long term target 5 weeks before the deadline closes? He's clearly our first choice so I'd rather he came on August 31st than our 2nd or 3rd choices coming on July 31st just because we can't sit it out a bit longer.

Very short sighted. Our second choice will quite possibly make a much better contribution to the balance of the side than Debucy.

Very short sighted. Our second choice will quite possibly make a much better contribution to the balance of the side than Debucy.

We know what we get with Debuchy, we don't even know who is our 2nd choice. 

We know what we get with Debuchy, we don't even know who is our 2nd choice. 

Well the club would know ;)

No we give up with enough time to get in another target, not leave ourselves with nothing when on deadline day we still haven't signed him.

No we give up with enough time to get in another target, not leave ourselves with nothing when on deadline day we still haven't signed him.

If we don't think we'll sign him then we'll go for plan B long before the deadline, but if we reckon we could wait until late in the day and get him then it's by far the better option imo.