Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Guest James1892

NEWS!

:frantic:

It would be nice to get him and get a bit of a preseason under his belt, otherwise we're starting the spurs game with Simpson again. 

I'm inclined to believe the Journal reports, they were pretty sure something was happening last week & have stuck to that tune.  Perhaps been delayed for some reason but hopefully they're right this time & it will be sorted next week.

Meanwhile the Chronicle understands that Danny Simpson will be offered out to clubs next week if the Magpies can clinch the signing of Mathieu Debuchy from Lille.

The Magpies are confident of landing one of their top targets in the next few days.

Not sure this means much, it's good we have terms accepted and signed, but the real tricky part still remains in agreeing a fee with Lille (who are obviously making it tough for us) and them getting a replacement.

I'm inclined to believe the Journal reports, they were pretty sure something was happening last week & have stuck to that tune.  Perhaps been delayed for some reason but hopefully they're right this time & it will be sorted next week.

http://www.silverstreamunlimited.com/media/images/cycle_of_abuse.jpg

How we can agree on terms with a player who is under contract with other club??

Quite easy really, there's people called agents. Everyone does it these days most players agree terms before transfers are agree tbh.

I thought you had to have permission from the selling club to speak to the player?

How we can agree on terms with a player who is under contract with other club??

Quite easy really, there's people called agents. Everyone does it these days most players agree terms before transfers are agree tbh.

I thought you had to have permission from the selling club to speak to the player?

In theory, yes it seems.

Dirty business. 

Not saying it's the case here but don't clubs sometimes allow the club to speak to the player whilst they thrash out a transfer fee? The amount of times personal terms are agreed before a transfer agreed, I can't imagine every one being done in the 'tapping up' sense.

Guest Roger Kint

Not saying it's the case here but don't clubs sometimes allow the club to speak to the player whilst they thrash out a transfer fee? The amount of times personal terms are agreed before a transfer agreed, I can't imagine every one being done in the 'tapping up' sense.

Aye, its obvious Lille are going to sell him and his choice is here they might as well let him speak to us while they find his successor to save time later. Maybe they want our up front cash asap to pass straight on to the next club.