Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Ryan Taylor was one of the main reasons we had such a good start. Scored a couple of cracking goals. One in particular of course....the Debuchy thing is dragging on as Lille dig their heels in (can't blame them really)

:lol:

Not far from the truth. His early season performances were amongst our best for any player. No one could quite believe it.

:lol: I knew I would get a lot of sticks for my post. And even if I stretched things a little bit too much I maintain my opinion that a player like Ralylor shouldn´t be a starter in a club with those ambitions we have now. He´s not good enough. period.

He would do an ok job overall, but would still be an passenger like Simpson and Willo last year. I can´t recall people wanting to keep them. So what is really the difference?

I think it would be an disaster, in some sense, if we can´t by a winger. With a new wing back our team would improve so much it´s not even funny.

Can we blame our board if Lille are not willing to sell until they get an adequate replacement?

Certainly not! At the end of the day, its not like they need the cash is it? They've sold Hazard for a fair whack. Still think we'll get him though. Just think it will drag out towards the end of the window.

Can we blame our board if Lille are not willing to sell until they get an adequate replacement?

It depends, it comes down to how much we are offering. If we are offering half of what they want then what is their incentive to go all out for a replacement? I've only read about a £4.5m bid, if that really is all we have offered then they might think "fuck it, we will keep for the season".

Guest nufc_89

Douglas showed us how much he really knows when he on several different occasions said that Lille wouldn't make life difficult for Debuchy.

Guest BooBoo

Never been a massive Raylor fan but it's madness to criticise him last season. He was one of a good few squad players who really dug in and produced. His early season form at left back was solid enough.

http://www.losc.fr/actualites-foot-lille/rudi-garcia-parle-de-mathieu-debuchy

Rudi Garcia talks about Mathieu Debuchy

26/07/12

Rudi Garcia has also used the press conference to answer questions on Mathieu Debuchy.

"There is nothing new about the future of Mathieu. He spoke on his side. In our case, we are always dependent on an alternative to the same level in his position, so as not to deplete the team. This is the status quo for now on this issue. "

In short, Lille are being sensible and holding onto him until they find a replacement, which is clearly not Sidibe judging from this.

Think of the wages we are saving every week.

Not that worried about this one, think it'll drag on well into August but he'll sign eventually. Pardew has talked about him for so long and a right-back seems to be a priority.

Still frustrating how slow things are moving in general.