Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Huge opportunity isnt it. Adding ability + morale to one of our best players & giving him more reason to see his future with us aswell. Hopefully Lille are willing to meet in the middle, he might need to go rogue HBA/Maiga style as theyve no reason to negotiate if they think he'll play next season regardless.

Guest bimpy474

Btw, did Lille not have a back up RB to start with?

Two young lads i think, their manager quoted their names in one of the early news stories (French one) someone posted on here........he said something along the lines of "we cant go into the season with just ........ and ..........

Now they have bought the lad from Troyes it seems to make 3 young uns.

Guest bimpy474

Obviously it's not enough to go into a season with just three right backs.

Simpson, Tav and Raylor......you are quite correct if they aren't good enough.

Raylor isn't a fullback really and should only play there at a last resort, Tav is a kid who will do well but cant be relied upon who is also showing some potential as a CB.

Simpson will probably leave.

Now that the CB chase seems to be on the backburner, getting Debuchy and a striker is the priorities.

Guest bimpy474

Raylor isn't a fullback really and should only play there at a last resort, Tav is a kid who will do well but cant be relied upon who is also showing some potential as a CB.

Now that the CB chase seems to be on the backburner, getting Debuchy and a striker is the priorities.

Aye thats my point mate, Tav who i think is good or should i say will be good. Simpson well most are pretty much agreed on that. Raylor or Perch in emergencies

I think the centre back is on the back burner because of Good coming in and Tav's performances there...........still like to see another one in though.

I think the centre back is on the back burner because of Good coming in and Tav's performances there...........still like to see another one in though.

Probably and i would also but if were to sign Debuchy a quality forward and midfielder instead i wont be complaining either.

Even if it does go to the shitter at CB there's always January :pow:

Guest bimpy474

Probably and i would also but if were to sign Debuchy a quality forward and midfielder instead i wont be complaining either.

Even if it does go to the shitter at CB there's always January :pow:

Yeah, Dekka did tell us that we dont blow all our wad in the summer ;D

Guest firetotheworks

You have to laugh at people whinging over there being no news and then whinging at it when there is some. The Journal may not be gospel, but it's worthy of more note than Tribal Football, NUFCFans, or any of the other nonsense that people post on here. If you're not going to take these types of updates seriously, then why are you on this thread day and night?

The Journal and the Chron are bad essentially because in order to occaisionally get the inside track they have to swallow everything the club gives them whole. Combine that with thinking the priority is for the benefit of readers who aren't spending all day looking at all stupid rumours is to sum up the obvious rumours and not say anything that will piss the club off too much.

It does mean though that when they say the club is confident etc it's because that's what the club want the paper to be putting out.

Guest Brazilianbob

Centre back is on the back burner because Douglas can't sign until he has attained Dutch citizenship mid August approx.  I reckon  he is pretty much in the bag.