Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Any other job and you could just hand in your notice and leave within a month.  Shouldn't have signed that extension he reportedly signed some time ago, they've got him by the short & curlies now.

not really, many jobs have differing notice periods (6months in my case). also at the time his extension was probably the right thing for him to do.

French Defender Told He Will Not Force Move To Newcastle

Mathieu Debuchy has been told by the Lille hierarchy that any attempts to try and force through his prospective move to Newcastle United will fail.

The 27-year-old full back has been on the brink of a move to Newcastle United throughout the summer, but the Magpies’ failure to meet Lille’s valuation of the player have stalled the transfer.

While Debuchy feels that the French club are stifling his ambition, Lille manager Rudi Garcia is adamant that the club will have the final and decisive say in the matter, and won’t feel pressurised into moves that are not beneficial for the club as a whole.

"He doesn't really have the choice,” Garcia told French publication Nord Éclair, reported by the Evening Standard. “The club has made a decision and he has to deal with it.”

Debuchy has repeatedly expressed his desire to join his compatriots Yohan Cabaye, Hatem Ben Arfa and Gabriel Obertan at St James’ Park, but Garcia and the LOSC hierarchy remain resolute in their stance, and will not settle for anything less than their full valuation of the France international.

http://sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/french-defender-told-he-will-not-force-move-to-newcastle-19025

Guest sicko2ndbest

French Defender Told He Will Not Force Move To Newcastle

Mathieu Debuchy has been told by the Lille hierarchy that any attempts to try and force through his prospective move to Newcastle United will fail.

The 27-year-old full back has been on the brink of a move to Newcastle United throughout the summer, but the Magpies’ failure to meet Lille’s valuation of the player have stalled the transfer.

While Debuchy feels that the French club are stifling his ambition, Lille manager Rudi Garcia is adamant that the club will have the final and decisive say in the matter, and won’t feel pressurised into moves that are not beneficial for the club as a whole.

"He doesn't really have the choice,” Garcia told French publication Nord Éclair, reported by the Evening Standard. “The club has made a decision and he has to deal with it.”

Debuchy has repeatedly expressed his desire to join his compatriots Yohan Cabaye, Hatem Ben Arfa and Gabriel Obertan at St James’ Park, but Garcia and the LOSC hierarchy remain resolute in their stance, and will not settle for anything less than their full valuation of the France international.

http://sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/french-defender-told-he-will-not-force-move-to-newcastle-19025

That is brand new information

Really wish we'd just offer the 8 million euro's or at least close to it so they'll accept. Quite embarassing our offers so far to be honest and this lad would improve our team massively. For the price he's available for, it's amazing no one has went in for him apart from us and Inter.

Garcia's comments are deliberately forceful in an attempt to show they hold all the aces. He also mentioned Debuchy's international career and how its key he behaves. Verbal reverse-psychology and indeed propaganda.

After our last bid was turned down I felt that could have been it, but given Debuchy's comments following the offer and his manager's sour reply, I reckon Lille are fearing another bid.

Had a dream last night that I went to Lille and persuaded them to accept our bid as me as a fan going that far showed how desperate we were for him to sign. :lol:

:lol: So they left 2 million on the table because you said "Howay"?

Sounds better than my dream that we lost 1-0 to Spurs on the first day of the season to a Mike Williamson header after they had signed him just days before as a replacement for Ledley King, for some reason the game was at White Hart Lane though and Alan Shearer was on the bench for us along with Beardsley and Andy Cole.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'm guessing it's just Garcias quotes then a few bits of filler with 'our understanding is that he still desires to move' and 'there's still more twists to be had with this saga' etc.

It is. You can just about read it if you squint

Nothing new

Really wish we'd just offer the 8 million euro's or at least close to it so they'll accept. Quite embarassing our offers so far to be honest and this lad would improve our team massively. For the price he's available for, it's amazing no one has went in for him apart from us and Inter.

We've bid for Debuchy. There's no proof Inter are interested. They haven't made a bid. I'm sure if they had Lille would have shouted about it from the roof tops.

As for "embarrassing" offers, 8 million Euros is 33.33% more than our last reported bid of 6 million Euros. 33.33% would be a hell of an increase in our offer. Right Backs don't tend to go for big money.

Patience is the name of the game with this transfer.

I know it sounds quite obvious, but if we want him as much as we're proclaiming , we'll be back and back in with surely a better offer.

I don't think Lille are playing hard-ball because of the Cabaye situation, they knew of that clause and spoke with no bitterness when Cabaye left. They want what they see as a fair price, and no doubt we've angered them with a series of what they interpret as offensive bids.

Whilst not abandoning our policy completley, we can at least hope our owners alleviate it ever so slightly to get this transfer done,  although how likely that is is anyone's guess. Can't underestimate how much of a lift this would give the entire club.