Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Lille are not playing hardball for any sinister reasons, they are playing hardball because he's one of their best players if not the best and want as much as possible for him.

Like mentioned, patience is a virtue with this transfer i'm still confident that come September he will be playing for us.

I know it sounds quite obvious, but if we want him as much as we're proclaiming , we'll be back and back in with surely a better offer.

I don't think Lille are playing hard-ball because of the Cabaye situation, they knew of that clause and spoke with no bitterness when Cabaye left. They want what they see as a fair price, and no doubt we've angered them with a series of offensive bids.

Lets hope our owners let go of their reputation for this one at least, although how likely that is is anyone's guess. Can't underestimate how much of a lift this would give the entire club.

i'm not so sure it is a fair price though. it's a lot for a 27yr old  full back who's never played outside the french league. splitting the difference may be fair enough and i think it would be enough.

I know it sounds quite obvious, but if we want him as much as we're proclaiming , we'll be back and back in with surely a better offer.

I don't think Lille are playing hard-ball because of the Cabaye situation, they knew of that clause and spoke with no bitterness when Cabaye left. They want what they see as a fair price, and no doubt we've angered them with a series of offensive bids.

Lets hope our owners let go of their reputation for this one at least, although how likely that is is anyone's guess. Can't underestimate how much of a lift this would give the entire club.

i'm not so sure it is a fair price though. it's a lot for a 27yr old  full back who's never played outside the french league. splitting the difference may be fair enough and i think it would be enough.

Edited my post since whilst you quoted it, to basically tie in with what your saying. Hopefully both parties can meet somewhere in the middle, although at the minute both clubs seem to be taking stubborn approaches.

We've missed out on a major coup here, the worst thing is Pardew probably knows this aswell, but cannot do a thing about it.

Would be much better if Pards was given a set budget and just went after his targets with the help of Carr. Like in the good old days  :whistle:

I'm guessing it must be Pardew/Carr who have at least a sizeable input in the maximum offers though, surely? I can't see Dez or Mike sitting and figuring out each player's market value.

We've missed out on a major coup here, the worst thing is Pardew probably knows this aswell, but cannot do a thing about it.

Would be much better if Pards was given a set budget and just went after his targets with the help of Carr. Like in the good old days  :whistle:

I'm guessing it must be Pardew/Carr who have at least a sizeable input in the maximum offers though, surely? I can't see Dez or Mike sitting and figuring out each player's market value.

Yeah I would imagine they would probably have a small input but, when it comes to negotiating the actual fee's whether it be opening bid or final bid, Pardew has absolutely no input whatsoever, the downside could be argued that he never really knows what to expect and whether his squad will be strengthened until the final day of the window.

Which is why he chooses his words more carefully in interviews now.

I get the impression that the board are hoping we will all be that happy that we haven't lost anyone so much that we won't cause any bother if we don't bring anyone else in aswell.

His market value is €11 million apparently

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/mathieu-debuchy/profil/spieler_27306.html

which good old days are those ?

Guest firetotheworks

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb57524/starfox/images/4/4c/Peppyhead.gif

It's quiet.....too quiet.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think AP really had to sell this one to Mike because of the age. Mike probably said you can have him but only at ... Price. This price was rejected and now it's stalemate

Starting to believe this one is dead, but hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised when we go back with a better bid.

Don't really blame the club if it doesn't go through, it's frustrating for fans but they have to stick to their guns on transfers or we're on the road back to being a laughing stock. He would be a class signing, but if he's too expensive then c'est la vie.

I think AP really had to sell this one to Mike because of the age. Mike probably said you can have him but only at ... Price. This price was rejected and now it's stalemate

He's 26 not 32 FFS, his best years are ahead of him. It doesn't matter what the age is, we've refused to budge so far on our valuation of the player and it's died on it's arse.

Hopefully something gives, but it has gone very quiet.

Are people believing it's dead simply because of the thread title change? :lol:

Dudes..... this deal was dead ages ago. :yao:

Guest reefatoon

If this deal is dead, I hope we go back to trying to sign a left back (move Santon on the right).  As I think a left footed fullback is still of desperate need.  We were all hoping to sign a left back when the season finished, then we were linked with Debuchy and we all seemed to forget about getting a leftback in.

So again, if this one is dead, lets get back to trying to sign a left back.

Seriously, where has this mentality that 26 is old cropped up from?

Thinking this myself (although I thought he was 27). Joke tbh...but I think people are seeing it from ashleys point of view IE thinking of resale value. Which imo, is also a joke considering we could get a genuinely top class player for the next 4/5 years for under 10m.

I actually now hope he kicks up a fuss after reading garcia's comments.

If memory serves me right, in Mike Ashleys infamous statement he said that we wouldn't spend big money on players over 26.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/match-centre/article870103.ece/ALTERNATES/gallery-large/Newcastle-Papiss-Cisse+cropped

If memory serves me right, in Mike Ashleys infamous statement he said that we wouldn't spend big money on players over 26.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/match-centre/article870103.ece/ALTERNATES/gallery-large/Newcastle-Papiss-Cisse+cropped

That picture :lol: