Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Can't believe Bosingwa hasn't been snapped up yet.

He's s*** and will demand massive wages. I can see why he's still a free agent.

He's better than Simpson.

I think if i was a manager/coach of a football club i'd want is someone who is merely more than just a different type of shit.

For example would you trade dog shit for bird shit?

I think if i was a manager/coach of a football club i'd want is someone who is merely more than just a different type of shit.

For example would you trade dog shit for bird shit?

Simpson isn't shit, he's average, and bosingwa is better than average.

Alan Smith is shit, let's not go overboard here.  :lol:

I think if i was a manager/coach of a football club i'd want is someone who is merely more than just a different type of s***.

For example would you trade dog s*** for bird s***?

Simpson isn't s***, he's average, and bosingwa is better than average.

Alan Smith is s***, let's not go overboard here.  :lol:

True i really should refrain from posting late at night, although i'd disagree slightly personally Bosingwa is no better than Simpson but for different reasons.

Bosingwa cant defend and Simpson cant attack, i can definitely understand why people don't want to take a chance on him as he's the wrong side of 30 and on high wages.

I think if i was a manager/coach of a football club i'd want is someone who is merely more than just a different type of s***.

For example would you trade dog s*** for bird s***?

Simpson isn't s***, he's average, and bosingwa is better than average.

Alan Smith is s***, let's not go overboard here.  :lol:

True i really should refrain from posting late at night, although i'd disagree slightly personally Bosingwa is no better than Simpson but for different reasons.

Bosingwa cant defend and Simpson cant attack, i can definitely understand why people don't want to take a chance on him as he's the wrong side of 30 and on high no wages.

FYP :lol:

Still 29 ;)

He's about as good as Simpson At defending IMO, while being better at attacking. His wages are unknown, and maybe he's getting desperate so could lower. I'm not really saying we should be going for him, just think he should have been snapped up by now. Wish Lille would make a move on him.

I can't figure our transfer strategy out this summer. Why are we targeting Andy Carroll, who costs far more than Debuchy, when we already have Ba and Cisse in the team? Aye we need another striker, but whoever comes in will be 3rd choice. We are looking at massive money for a 3rd choice forward yet we're very reluctant to bid more than a minimal sum for a right back.

If you're playing Newcastle you take one look at the lineup and who are you going to target? That's right, the full backs and espescially Simpson. To an extent Santon too (defensively), but you sense he was growing in confidence last season and much like Enrique before him, I expect him to get better and better.

Considering we'll lose Simpson for nowt in 12 months, it's a no brainer to sell and replace. So take that opportunity to upgrade the team's weakest link while we're at it. It's not every day you get a France international right back saying he wants to come to the Toon, at the very time you're looking for a right back. That's where we should be putting our money, not bids for players like Carroll. Doesn't make sense to me. After publicly chasing Carroll, Lille know we have money to spend.

I appreciate you have to haggle hard, but there comes a point where you risk missing out on a good deal.

Bit cliche to say, but that's a top post. Sums up my thoughts :thup: For our team, even Debuchy at 10m is a better deal than Carroll at 12m IMO*.

* - not saying we should pay that, necessarily

Be interesting to see how the end of the window pans out. Relatively confident Debuchy will sign.

http://www.footlille.com/2012/08/09/36338-anthony-reveillere-seloigne-du-losc

PSG on the verge of signing Reveillere to make this saga even worse. Can they just f*** off and go bankrupt already?

What has this got to do with Debuchy?

the line of thinking is that he was supposed to be going to chelsea, now chelsea will get debuchy.

I've a feeling Chelsea have set their sights on the Marseille full back...

http://www.footlille.com/2012/08/09/36338-anthony-reveillere-seloigne-du-losc

PSG on the verge of signing Reveillere to make this saga even worse. Can they just f*** off and go bankrupt already?

What has this got to do with Debuchy?

the line of thinking is that he was supposed to be going to chelsea, now chelsea will get debuchy.

I've a feeling Chelsea have set their sights on the Marseille full back...

that not him, spanish lad, thats me mixed up then.

I can't figure our transfer strategy out this summer. Why are we targetting Andy Carroll, who costs far more than Debuchy, when we already have Ba and Cisse in the team? Aye we need another striker, but whoever comes in will be 3rd choice. We are looking at massive money for a 3rd choice forward yet we're very reluctant to bid more than a minimal sum for a right back.

If you're playing Newcastle you take one look at the lineup and who are you going to target? That's right, the full backs and espescially Simpson. To an extent Santon too (defensively), but you sense he was growing in confidence last season and much like Enrique before him, I expect him to get better and better.

Considering we'll lose Simpson for nowt in 12 months, it's a no brainer to sell and replace. So take that opportunity to upgrade the team's weakest link while we're at it. It's not every day you get a France international right back saying he wants to come to the Toon, at the very time you're looking for a right back. That's where we should be putting our money, not bids for players like Carroll. Doesn't make sense to me. After publicly chasing Carroll, Lille know we have money to spend.

I appreciate you have to haggle hard, but there comes a point where you risk missing out on a good deal.

A quality ball-playing rb (in a narrow midfield line of three) like Debuchy would given us true midfield width, the ability to spread possession from left-to-right. In a narrow 433 the wingbacks provide that width, and without two book-end FBs (as ball-players, who can anchor themselves around the halfway line & competantly re-direct play) possession retention suffers when opposition presses aggressively through the middle.

The strategy to blunt the attacking potency of our 433, is to aggressively press it through the middle it. Smash it, as Wigan did. With only Santon, as a wide outlet (when the inside three are pressured), we're a lop-sided team in terms of being able to retain possession across the pitch. Wigan best exploited this weakness, with midfield numbers & aggression, when the 433 was in peak form.

The inclusion of Debuchy would've ammended the team's achilles heel. 8m (or Lille's asking price) maybe too much for some. I'm referring to those who may be looking at the deal through Ashley-tinted goggles, strictly from the resale value angle. In terms of benefitting the team, and his arrival would be a massive upgrade to one flank. In this case 8m, or the going-rate, is a no-brainer.

Debuchy, Bigi & Amalfitano (as development projects), with no major departures, would amount to a good transfer window.

I doubt Carroll is part of any transfer strategy, it was just an opportunistic move to get a bargain and make Liverpool look like mugs.

Very much so. I'm not even sure we adhere to a strict transfer strategy in terms of the positions that we target, as it seems to be more about getting good deals than about making sure every position is addequately filled, as evidenced by the fact we were happy to go into last season without a much needed striker, and went the second half of last season without essential centre back cover, two gambles that luckily paid off quite spectacularly.

I doubt Carroll is part of any transfer strategy, it was just an opportunistic move to get a bargain and make Liverpool look like mugs.

Very much so. I'm not even sure we adhere to a strict transfer strategy in terms of the positions that we target, as it seems to be more about getting good deals than about making sure every position is addequately filled, as evidenced by the fact we were happy to go into last season without a much needed striker, and went the second half of last season without essential centre back cover, two gambles that luckily paid off quite spectacularly.

most clubs have to do that though. not many can say they have quality cover in every position.

I can't figure our transfer strategy out this summer. Why are we targetting Andy Carroll, who costs far more than Debuchy, when we already have Ba and Cisse in the team? Aye we need another striker, but whoever comes in will be 3rd choice. We are looking at massive money for a 3rd choice forward yet we're very reluctant to bid more than a minimal sum for a right back.

A quality ball-playing rb (in a narrow midfield line of three) like Debuchy would given us true midfield width, the ability to spread possession from left-to-right. In a narrow 433 the wingbacks provide that width, and without two book-end FBs (as ball-players, who can anchor themselves around the halfway line & competantly re-direct play) possession retention suffers when opposition presses aggressively through the middle.

The strategy to blunt the attacking potency of our 433, is to aggressively press it through the middle it. Smash it, as Wigan did. With only Santon, as a wide outlet (when the inside three are pressured), we're a lop-sided team in terms of being able to retain possession across the pitch. Wigan best exploited this weakness, with midfield numbers & aggression, when the 433 was in peak form.

The inclusion of Debuchy would've ammended the team's achilles heel. 8m (or Lille's asking price) maybe too much for some. I'm referring to those who may be looking at the deal through Ashley-tinted goggles, strictly from the resale value angle. In terms of benefitting the team, and his arrival would be a massive upgrade to one flank. In this case 8m, or the going-rate, is a no-brainer.

Debuchy, Bigi & Amalfitano (as development projects), with no major departures, would amount to a good transfer window.

I like reading your football analysis. Cheers for taking the time to post it.

Guest Phil K

I like reading your football analysis. Cheers for taking the time to post it.

Agree . Was an intelligent and well thought out read

Completely agree with Tyson, which is why i have been and many others been desperate to get him over the line over last few months it would be the last weak spot left in the team.

Our first eleven would be just brilliant, only some depth in some areas would be required for perfection. ( not really but yeah)  :smug:

I bet you're ace at FM.

Guest Brazilianbob

I don't quote run with the logic that Lille know we cam pay more for debuchy because we are chasing Carroll for megabucks.  I would have thought they might think we couldn't afford to pay more for debuchy if we blow our wedge on carroll.

Sounds like we were very confident of a deal, even going as far as telling Ryder and Douglas it was close to happening. Only for Lille to change their stance and asking price for an unknown reason. May be because they were unable to agree a deal with Bosingwa.

you can even do a similar thing within a 4-4-2 if you don't want to restrict ben arfa to providing the width (i'm sure i posted that earlier on in this thread)