Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

He gets skinned every f***ing game man

I bet you thought Anita was s**** after 2 games and offered nothing too?

Big fan of Anita tbh, our only competent midfielder

3 bookings in 3 games btw. Needs to pick up the pace and what he can't get away with quite soon or he'll be suspended.

Didn't get booked today?

A fair comment. :lol:

Thought he was very lucky not to then, in that case.

First time I've seen ninety minutes from him today and I thought he was nervous/naive/all over the place at the back, but his forward running and impact in the opposition's half was refreshing. I think we can put his defensive naivety down to the usual reason: he's new to the league (though I doubt it's the first time he's ever come up against a fast winger...).

There's some problems to iron out which will probably take time, but he clearly looks extremely talented from what I've seen so far. His confidence with the ball and positive play going forward has already added another string to our bow in an attacking sense; most of our good play in the first half actually came from the right-hand-side, which never happens without HBA.

Chuffed we've signed him, looking forward to him properly integrating into this team.

Was stupid of him with the penalty, regardless of Agbonlahor falling over, it annoys me when defenders put a foot in when the player is going away from goal

Still going forward he was brilliant in the first half, unfortunately in the second half we barely left our half so he was stuck at the back

He might be a pretty boy. Cabayes buddy. He might not be Danny Simson. He might look a cool dude in a photo shoot with his best buddy.

But last night he wasn't even average. Take off the rose tinted goggles please.

And yes, it is early days, I'll accept that.

Got done a couple of times in the second half, and that's all it takes to be punished usually, so will need to adapt, but otherwise thought he was alright. Really liked him first half.

It's nice to see a player at right back that can bring the ball down and there be some expectation that the balls next destination will be at the feet of a Newcastle player.

Don't think he's attempted a floated cross or a 30 yard chipped pass yet so he's a mile ahead of Simpson.  He was very good in the first half getting forward and a couple of decent tackles in, second half early on he wasn't used to the pace of Agbonlahor but he improved and got tighter to him after the initial 10-15 minutes.

He's very good in the air and like all players coming to a new country he'll get better with more games.

Debuchy has shown good attacking skills in his games so far, but is unconvincing when a quick forward takes him on for pace in defence.

This could well be that he is used to more time on the ball and to be able to support attacks in the French league and that is not available to him in the PL.

He is a quality player, but it may take him a while to adjust...look at Colo's first season...