Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Rose had him in his back pocket? He's a right back, its not his main job to be the most creative player on the pitch. Says it all when your only outlet for the first 65 minutes is a right back.

Guest palnese

Rose had him in his back pocket? He's a right back, its not his main job to be the most creative player on the pitch. Says it all when your only outlet for the first 65 minutes is a right back.

He's pretty much our RW when we attack, and Rose kept him quiet all game, hence the back pocket comment.

Guest bimpy474

Rose had him in his back pocket for 90 minutes.

Most of the balls played over the top for him were ones he was never going to get. Rose had a comfortable job dealing with such unimaginative and direct service.

Great tactic that, play a ball over the top of their quickest player. It's so dumb but just an indicator of Pardew's clueless tactical know how.

Guest palnese

I know its a disgrace that he should be relied on in an attacking sense.

Not really, as he's very good going forward. We have to use his strenghts. No point in playing him if can't bomb down the wing.

He's pretty much our RW when we attack, and Rose kept him quiet all game, hence the back pocket comment.

His starting position (as a RB), and the balls aimed to him... He was never going to get any change from Rose.

Never in the position to be played in behind...

Not really, as he's very good going forward. We have to use his strenghts. No point in playing him if can't bomb down the wing.

I know what you mean, but we continued to play it down that side even though it wasnt working. Having a full back like that is a luxury, not plan A.

Guest palnese

I know what you mean, but we continued to play it down that side even though it wasnt working. Having a full back like that is a luxury, not plan A.

:thup:

Still don't think he's as good as some see him.

His crosses hardly ever find our strikers and he looks phisically weak far too often.

Crossing the ball in early and hoping it lands favourably off Cisse/Ameobi's head shouldn't be our primary strategy. Don't think he's weak, either.

Still don't think he's as good as some see him.

His crosses hardly ever find our strikers and he looks phisically weak far too often.

Crossing the ball in early and hoping it lands favourably off Cisse/Ameobi's head shouldn't be our primary strategy. Don't think he's weak, either.

This. Those bloody diagonal crosses from deep into the box are absolute toilet.

Quality today.

He was left on his arse a few times when competing for the ball. He needs to try to stay on his feet.

Don't remember that tbh.He does like a slide tackle, but looks a good defender to me.Two great interceptions at the end in quick succession iirc.

He's been the best of our january signings. Consistently looks to get forward but rarely caught out positionally, excellent in the air, comfortable on the ball and solid defensively.

I think because Jonas at fb worked that once (against Fulham I think) it's his go-to plan when we're chasing a late goal. Jonas v Lukaku was never going to work. Was a silly decision I maybe could have understood if we'd either had the ball 2nd half or made any attempt to play it out from the back.