Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Can't begrudge Simpson first team football either though although he'd be ideal as a squad player.

:sadnod:

perfect for back up

perfect for us, don't think he'd see it that way though.

that's it

i see him as a perfect 'back up RB' for us....but he wants to be first choice (as he should) and as much as i like him... if we're serious about debuchy, i hope simpson isn't our first choice come next season cos i'm starting to get my hopes up :lol:

It is the Daily star but still.....

NEWCASTLE have emerged as favourites to land Mathieu Debuchy – because of his friendship with France team-mate Yohan Cabaye.

Toon boss Alan Pardew is in a battle with Chelsea, Bayern Munich, Inter Milan and Valencia for Lille right-back Debuchy.

But the defender,  has told pals he will only quit the French outfit for Tyneside after getting rave reviews of the Magpies from Cabaye at Euro 2012.

And that has put Pardew in pole position to snap up Debuchy – if he agrees to meet Lille’s £7million asking price.

NEWCASTLE have emerged as favourites to land Mathieu Debuchy – because of his friendship with France team-mate Yohan Cabaye.

Toon boss Alan Pardew is in a battle with Chelsea, Bayern Munich, Inter Milan and Valencia for Lille right-back Debuchy.

But the defender,  has told pals he will only quit the French outfit for Tyneside after getting rave reviews of the Magpies from Cabaye at Euro 2012.

And that has put Pardew in pole position to snap up Debuchy – if he agrees to meet Lille’s £7million asking price.

:smitten:

Guest pintofscottsellers

cant come soon enough, that we ditch that talentless spunk hampster simpson.  Really need to get this guy.

I wouldn't say Simpson is a talentless spunk hamster, think thats a bit harsh, really hope we get Debuchy.

if he chose to join us ahead of any of those three i'd fucking get a tattoo of the lad on my face and try to marry him tbh

if he chose to join us ahead of any of those three i'd fucking get a tattoo of the lad on my face and try to marry him tbh

Don't say it if you don't mean it

if he chose to join us ahead of any of those three i'd f***ing get a tattoo of the lad on my face and try to marry him tbh

Inter are going nowhere and they are not even in the CL and at Bayern he would sit on the bench..... although there's no reason other than what Cabaye has said to turn down Chelsea for us.

He also seems to want play in England, so that seems to cancel out the likes of Bayern and Inter straight away.

Robin Bairner ‏@RBairner

#Debuchy also set to move. Newcastle may be priced out - Lille reportedly want €10m now - but Inter & Chelsea rumoured to be interested.

French football editor for Goal.com

:yao: