Euro 2012 predictions

Ishmael

I understand where the confusion has stemmed from, doesn't make it any less annoying though. :lol:

If you get worked up by the stupidity of others, your life will not be enjoyable.

I can accept basic stupidity, failure to follow the most basic of basic flow charts though? Nah, not having that. :lol:

Again, why do people assume not every final is a possibility before the tournament has even kicked off?

Mine is using the assuption that Spain & Germany both top their groups or did you not think of that?

Well yes, after the first round not everything is possible anymore, but why would you assume where teams finish in their group and then say "assuming its possible obviously, havent checked"?

Erm because i think as the two tourny favourites i think they will finish top of their respected groups? Not difficult tbh.

Also the second part is clearly in reference to the fact i havent checked who plays who after the groups other than England will likely get Spain(just been on radio). Never thought i would have to explain such matters of the blindingly obvious like.....

Well, to me "possible" means theoretically possible, not likely based on certain assumptions. Also, to just assume Germany will win their group with Portugal and the Netherlands, two other favourites for the title, in it, and also Denmark who come into the tournament as one of the in form nations is quite a leap of logic.

Christ are you on a wind up today? The question was 'Final prediction' and you are whinging over leap of logic regarding group positions? I think both will win their groups and unless they meet in the semis i think they will contest the final. Why is this so baffling to you? f***ing hell your name is wonderfully apt to reading such guff.

If you don't understand how saying you've not checked a final is possible without referring to the apparently relevant assumption that your finalists both need to win their groups too I'm not sure if you're one to talk about logic.

Guest Roger Kint

Again, why do people assume not every final is a possibility before the tournament has even kicked off?

Mine is using the assuption that Spain & Germany both top their groups or did you not think of that?

Well yes, after the first round not everything is possible anymore, but why would you assume where teams finish in their group and then say "assuming its possible obviously, havent checked"?

Erm because i think as the two tourny favourites i think they will finish top of their respected groups? Not difficult tbh.

Also the second part is clearly in reference to the fact i havent checked who plays who after the groups other than England will likely get Spain(just been on radio). Never thought i would have to explain such matters of the blindingly obvious like.....

Well, to me "possible" means theoretically possible, not likely based on certain assumptions. Also, to just assume Germany will win their group with Portugal and the Netherlands, two other favourites for the title, in it, and also Denmark who come into the tournament as one of the in form nations is quite a leap of logic.

Christ are you on a wind up today? The question was 'Final prediction' and you are whinging over leap of logic regarding group positions? I think both will win their groups and unless they meet in the semis i think they will contest the final. Why is this so baffling to you? f***ing hell your name is wonderfully apt to reading such guff.

If you don't understand how saying you've not checked a final is possible without referring to the apparently relevant assumption that your finalists both need to win their groups too I'm not sure if you're one to talk about logic.

:lol: What a tool, i explained it twice now to you, as if it was ever important to start with

:lol: What a tool, i explained it twice now to you, as if it was ever important to start with

Oh, I understood what you were saying the first time. Doesn't make it right. No need for the insults too.  :p

Final: Germany v.s Spain

Top scorer: Karim Benzema

Player to watch: Alan Dzagoev, Andriy Yarmolenko

How far will England go?: Quarter Final

Most looking forward to: Live football everyday and seeing how our lads do.

Least looking forward to: The press' criticism of Roy.

Best Hodgson moment: Sliding on his knees down the touchline after a last minute goal v.s Ukraine sends us through to the Quarters.

Guest henrique

Final: Germany - Holland

Top scorer: RvP

Player to watch: Ribery

How far will England go?: Quaterfinals

Most looking forward to: Watching Balotelli

Least looking forward to: The racism in these countries. We know it’s gonna happen..

Best Hodgson moment: Don’t care.

Final Holland vs Spain, Holland to win

Top scorer Van Persie

Player to watch Narsingh

How far will England go? 3rd in group behind France and Sweden

Most looking forward to France vs England, Germany vs Holland

Least looking forward to Racism and hooliganism

Best Hodgson moment Managing to hold onto his job after a disastrous campaign

Final - France vs Germany

Top scorer - Lewandowski, 5

Player to watch - Christian Eriksen

How far will England go? - Qualify groups then immediately knocked out

Most looking forward to - Seeing Yohan, Hatem and Tim play

Least looking forward to - England vs Ukraine

Best Hodgson moment - When he tries to say 'right royal rumble' in a press conference

Final - France vs Germany

Top scorer - Benzema, 5

Player to watch - James McClean

How far will England go? - Quarter finals and lose on penalties as always

Most looking forward to - Just seeing Ireland back at an international tournament

Least looking forward to - actually watching Ireland play, its not that enjoyable normally

Best Hodgson moment - Doing a Mike Basset and declaring to the media that england will be playing 44 fucking 2

Final Germany vs France - Germans win.

Top scorer Klose

Player to watch Ribery, I think he will finally live up to the hype.

How far will England go? Quarter Finals

Most looking forward to The many Poles in my street having a massive party.

Least looking forward to An injury to Cabaye or Ben Arfa. Bound to happen.

Best Hodgson moment In the last minutes of the Quarter-Final, abandoning all hope, Woy goes for a 0-1-2-8 formation with Joe Hart in the central striker role.

Final Spain vs France

Top scorer Podolski

Player to watch Podolski

How far will England go? Group stage

Most looking forward to Penalties

Least looking forward to England games

Best Hodgson moment When he waves to the crowd/camera's before the France game kicks off.

Final Germany v Holland

Top scorer Huntelaar

Player to watch Christian Eriksen - Denmark

How far will England go? Group Stage

Most looking forward to France

Least looking forward to England

Best Hodgson moment Que?

Final Germany v France, German penalty win

Top scorer Benzema

Player to watch Schweinsteiger

How far will England go? Quarterfinals

Most looking forward to the game that sees Spain crash out

Least looking forward to seeing "soft spot" teams like Denmark and Ireland suffer in the groups of death

Best Hodgson moment Facerub/head bang

Final Germany -France

Top scorer Karim Benzema

Player to watch Alan Dzagoev

How far will England go? Really unsure, bit of an unknown quantity with the new manager and injuries, I'll go for the quaters.

Most looking forward to The tournament as a whole, but Group B looks cracking, three top fixtures in there.

Least looking forward to In-ger-land, in-ger, land, in-ger-laand, group D generally, having to watch Greece.

Best Hodgson moment Doing a helicopter to the media in his last press conference.

Final Netherlands v Germany

Top scorer Karim Benzema / Robert Lewandowski / Pavel Pogrebnyak

Player to watch Stewart Downing (cba, there's probably one in every team)

How far will England go? Third in the group / Second and out in the quarter finals to Spain

Most looking forward to The football and that

Least looking forward to ITV coverage

Best Hodgson moment The dangly bit on his chin wobbling as we concede a late equaliser to the patricidal Sweden

Final France vs Germany

Top scorer Karim Benzema

Player to watch Ribery

How far will England go? First knockout round

Most looking forward to Our lads, Cabaye and Ben Arfa lining up for France.

Least looking forward to The possibility of racism

Best Hodgson moment Collective groaning/moaning à la Gary Neville.

Final Holland vs France. Allez les bleus.

Top scorer Benzema.

Player to watch Afellay.

How far will England go? 2 points and out.

Most looking forward to The Hatem & Yohan Show.

Least looking forward to Jordan Henderson representing our country.

Best Hodgson moment :dontknow:

Final Germany def Holland

Top scorer Robert Lewandowski (I called this before it was cool)

Player to watch Yann M'Vila, Theodor Gebre Selassie, Luciano Narsingh

How far will England go? Semi Finals

Most looking forward to France vs England, Seedorf

Least looking forward to Group A, racism (Balotelli's inevitable walk-off), ITV

Best Hodgson moment Dressing down Harry Redknapp as the Spurs manager interviews him from the studio.