Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Guest Roger Kint

On FIFA he starts as LB for them, is he capable in that position? Ideal for us if he can cover midfield and fullback.

Not sure how good he is at LB but the very fact Holland played that hopeless kid there in the Euros and Anita didnt go says he mightnt be too good tbh. Unless theres a reason i havent heard?

On FIFA he starts as LB for them, is he capable in that position? Ideal for us if he can cover midfield and fullback.

Not sure how good he is at LB but the very fact Holland played that hopeless kid there in the Euros and Anita didnt go says he mightnt be too good tbh. Unless theres a reason i havent heard?

he's not a hopeless kid, just had a shit tournament where his lack of experience was really magnified. will become a very good player from what i've seen.

Guest Roger Kint

he's not a hopeless kid, just had a shit tournament where his lack of experience was really magnified. will become a very good player from what i've seen.

Well as an international manager for the 3rd favourite(i think) he shouldnt have thrown a kid clearly not ready for such a big occasion yet he was preferred to Anita. Yes i agree he will become a good player but that doesnt change the fact he was chosen and failed badly. Positionally he was hopeless, actually felt sorry for him the two games i watched.

he's not a hopeless kid, just had a s*** tournament where his lack of experience was really magnified. will become a very good player from what i've seen.

Well as an international manager for the 3rd favourite(i think) he shouldnt have thrown a kid clearly not ready for such a big occasion yet he was preferred to Anita. Yes i agree he will become a good player but that doesnt change the fact he was chosen and failed badly. Positionally he was hopeless, actually felt sorry for him the two games i watched.

it only became apparent that he wasn't ready when he played (not too dissimilar to mario gomez in the world cup). he was also made to look worse by being given no support whatsoever which better more experienced defenders would have struggled to cope with against very good opposition.

His best position is DM, but he can play at LB or RB yes. He's capable of that, although i think he's better at LB than RB though.

From what I've read one of the biggest criticisms of BvM was taking Willems and leaving Anita at home who could have done a job at LB.

Guest Shaun

I thought he looked good. He only had one bad half in the game vs Germany.

Guest Roger Kint

I thought he looked good. He only had one bad half in the game vs Germany.

Rommedhal gave him a lot of trouble in the first game, was torn apart v Germany and looked bad v Portugal from what i saw.

Edit: In all fairness he wasnt as bad 2nd half v Germany

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-transfer-news-vurnon-anita-1143222

'So tempting for him': Agent says Vurnon Anita wants Newcastle move

The Ajax star will meet with the club's sporting director Marc Overmars to clarify his future as quickly as possible

Toon target Vurnon Anita is putting pressure on Ajax to win his dream move to Newcastle.

The 23-year-old Dutch international, who plays as a defensive midfielder or left back, has demanded talks with Ajax sporting director Marc Overmars in his bid to leave the Amsterdam ArenA.

Newcastle have already had one £5m bid rejected, but it is believed the Dutch champions will be prepared to sell if ­Magpies manager Alan Pardew increases his offer to £8m .

Rivals ­Sunderland, Aston Villa and Norwich have tracked Anita, but ­Newcastle have made the only bid.

Anita said: “I’ve two years left on my contract. But I want some clarity from Ajax about my ­future. We are having a meeting with Marc ­Overmars, the club’s new sporting director, to get a clear view of what the club wants.”

The player’s agent Harry Lulofs said: “There is serious interest from Newcastle. A move to the Premier League is so tempting for him. We have to resolve the situation quickly.”

Ajax coach Frank De Boer thinks Newcastle have not offered enough.

He said: “We’ll do ­all we can to try and keep ­Vurnon here. He’s a very valuable player.”

We really need a centre midfielder. Behind Cabaye and Tiote (Jonas in 4-3-3) we only have youngsters and unproven players.

I agree it is the next position to fill, but I think the two defensive positions in particular are more important.

Interesting. Personally would prefer a centre back, full back and a forward before I'd be buying this chap but would certainly welcome him if it happens.

How do we know that we wont get those players and Anita? could just be usual Pardew. Probably clutching at straws but it wouldn't surprise me tbh.

Another solid DM could be a good signing, especially with Debuchy coming in as we will have 2 attacking fullback,  Anita and Tiote could then sit and protect while the fullbacks bomb on

debuchy  taylor  colo  santon

tiote    anita

hba      cabaye      ba

cisse

that team is nicely balanced both defensively and attacking wise.

Another solid DM could be a good signing, especially with Debuchy coming in as we will have 2 attacking fullback,  Anita and Tiote could then sit and protect while the fullbacks bomb on

debuchy  taylor  colo  santon

tiote    anita

hba      cabaye      ba

cisse

that team is nicely balanced both defensively and attacking wise.

Aye it looks good, makes sense even more looking at that considering Anita's ability to play full-back (and thus fill in?)

After getting Bigi, I don't think we're interested anymore.

i think Bigi is seen as Tiote's long term replacement,  he's just a kid,  don't think he'll feature much in the first team next season unless we get injuries or he is a hell of alot better than expected.  From what i've heard and read he's still very raw and has plenty to learn.  The good thing is that he will learn plenty from training and playing with the likes of Cabaye and Tiote in training every day.

We really need a centre midfielder. Behind Cabaye and Tiote (Jonas in 4-3-3) we only have youngsters and unproven players.

I agree it is the next position to fill, but I think the two defensive positions in particular are more important.

Would have thought a CB is the next most important slot to fill (if MD signs).

Still, wouldn't say no to a DM at the right money.

Despite never seeing him play, I'm really keen to see him sign solely due to how it should allow the side to line up. The team that binnsy has posted above would be glorious to see.