Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

He was a lot more disciplined towards end of the season and looked like he "got it",  going forward he has been mint. Not considering selling him at toss stage? I should think not he's fucking 21 and has potential to be absolute class

Vurnon Anita talks don't mean Tiote will be cashed in

by Mark Douglas, The JournalJun 11 2012

NEWCASTLE United have opened negotiations on Ajax’s Holland international Vurnon Anita – but their interest does not spell the end for Cheick Tioté’s St James’ Park career.

The Journal understands that United have registered their interest in Anita, although a senior Magpies source claimed discussions are still at a “preliminary” stage, and reports claiming a deal is close to completion have jumped the gun.

They have made an enquiry about the player’s value and availability and intend to contact the Dutch giants again this week, but a fee is yet to be formally agreed for the defender, who can also play in the holding midfield role.

Anita is understood to be keen on a switch to Tyneside, where he would primarily fill the left-back role rather than Tioté’s central midfield slot.

Although the chances of a deal appear encouraging, United have already illustrated that they will walk away from a transfer if they don’t feel they are getting value for money.

And the Magpies want to tie up a deal for less than the £7million quoted over the weekend for a player they have a long-standing interest in.

At 23 and as part of the Dutch international set-up, he ticks plenty of the boxes that were identified by Newcastle in their extensive planning meetings for this summer.

Crucially, he also has one of the major assets that United are looking for in their summer shopping – versatility.

He filled the midfield role for Ajax on several occasions last season and that has led some to speculate that Newcastle are ready to cash in on Tioté, who has attracted the interest of Chelsea, Manchester United and Tottenham.

Newcastle have made it clear that they would listen to offers in the region of £20million for the Ivorian, but a source close to the player told The Journal that there has been no contact with either the club or his representatives so far this summer.

And Tioté would not welcome interest either, having told his advisers that he wants to remain at Newcastle as part of Alan Pardew’s plans for an assault on four fronts next term.

Tioté’s French-speaking agent was in contact with Newcastle at the beginning of last week but the player’s future was not at the forefront of discussions.

It appears that Anita is being looked at to fill the left-back slot that proved troublesome for United last year.

Although Newcastle have Davide Santon in that role, concerns have been expressed about his progress by key figures at St James’ Park.

He improved markedly towards the end of the season but United are contemplating moving the right-footed Italy under-21 international to right-back next season, to see if it tightens up his defensive work.

AS Roma, who have benefited from a massive cash injection courtesy of new American owners, were linked with a move for the defender earlier this month.

However, Newcastle are not looking to sell Santon at this stage.

Meanwhile, United hope to reach a resolution on the long-running Danny Simpson saga over the next fortnight.

The right-back returns from a holiday in the United States this week with speculation continuing to swirl around a player who has been made available for transfer after failing to agree a new contract.

Simpson has turned down a new offer that would see him bumped up to around £25,000-a-week, but has told friends he wants to stay at United.

However, his availability has alerted both Fulham and Queens Park Rangers, who would expect to land him for around £2million.

United have contingency plans in place and are interested in Crystal Palace’s Nathaniel Clyne and France international defender Mathieu Debuchy, who will be watched by chief scout Graham Carr at the Euros.

Writing in a national newspaper column yesterday, Pardew dropped another heavy hint about Newcastle’s interest in Debuchy.

He wrote: “Just about every Premier League club will have scouts in Poland and Ukraine.

“From Newcastle’s perspective there are obviously players we know very well; there is one in particular I’m keen to look at.

“The worry is that if they do too well the agents and the player are suddenly in a stronger position and the cost goes up. As a manager you hope they do OK – but not too well.”

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/06/11/vurnon-anita-talks-don-t-mean-tiote-will-be-cashed-in-61634-31154562/#ixzz1xTZGjMMp

I really dont think we would buy him as a fullback as he is'nt that good there, he will do the job but his position is definitely in midfield.

Add to that all that Santon crap, i think Douglas is guessing talking shite as usual.

FYP

I really dont think we would buy him as a fullback as he is'nt that good there, he will do the job but his position is definitely in midfield.

Add to that all that Santon crap, i think Douglas is guessing as usual.

Man, you have such a lob on over Debuchy nowts going to be good enough if we don't get him. You watch much Ajax btw?

Add to that all that Santon crap, i think Douglas is guessing as usual.

Man, you have such a lob on over Debuchy nowts going to be good enough if we don't get him. You watch much Ajax btw?

LOL, its because i think he's the best fullback we can possibly get but i feel at ease knowing that any fullback we get will likely be much better than Simpson( Debuchy or no Debuchy).... and yeah i watch a fair bit of Ajax and Eredivisie in general this season ( mainly because we have been linked with a lot of players from Holland) so i wanted to see for myself i watch a fair bit of Ligue 1 for the same reasons.

As i mentioned in a earlier post Anita is a good player who will probably be apart of the future of the Netherlands along with Clasie, Strootman etc etc....Nowt like Tiote tbh he's more of a Busquets type DM ( not as good obv) who can play as a fullback but i doubt we will sign him as a fullback like Douglas reported he's much better as a DM.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4367230/Vurnon-Anita-worth-twice-your-4m-bid-Ajax-tell-Newcastle.html

ALAN PARDEW has been told to double his £4million bid for Ajax midfielder Vurnon Anita — or forget it.

Magpies bid for Ajax’s Anita

TOON turn to Dutch Mr Versatile as they seek reinforcements ahead of Europa campaign

Reading: He’s a grand Dame

The Dutch champions have wasted no time in rejecting the Newcastle chief’s opening offer for the midfielder.

Ajax manager Ronald De Boer values Anita, 23, who has three Holland caps, at £8m and will not sell for less.

De Boer knows that Toon are not Inita’s only admirers.

New Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert has also been tracking the midfield tough-guy.

But Newcastle are expected to be back with an improved bid amid fears midfielder Cheick Tiote could be on his way. The Ivorian, who cost £3.5m, is wanted by Chelsea and Manchester United.

I guess it depends on how highly we rate him, do we rate because we thought he would be cheap or do we rate him high enough to pay what in today's market is still a cheap fee at £8m.

All we hear is "we will only sign the right player for the club" well if we have targeted him as the right player for us then we need to pay what is required to sign him, unless his club asks a huge fee that is way over the top, I cannot see how £8m i WAY over the top for a player we really want.

I guess it depends on how highly we rate him, do we rate because we thought he would be cheap or do we rate him high enough to pay what in today's market is still a cheap fee at £8m.

All we hear is "we will only sign the right player for the club" well if we have targeted him as the right player for us then we need to pay what is required to sign him, unless his club asks a huge fee that is way over the top, I cannot see how £8m i WAY over the top for a player we really want.

"we will only sign the right player for the club- phrase refers not only to the quality of the player (on and off the pitch ), but also to the money involved. If the wage demand or transfer fee is too high, meaning the transaction could hurt the economic viability of the club,  then he's by definiton not the right player.  All these conditions must in other words be fulfilled: He'll only be the right player for the club if we get him for £4 mill because then he's value for money.

8 mill....too much i guess

Yup, should rather use that money on Debuchy  :drool:

dont know anita (horrible ladies name btw) that well (thought he was lb).

for debuchy i wouldnt mind if we spend up to 15 mill. the match against england is the only time i have seen him. i now know what the hype is all about!

if we dont sell any profiles this window then RB is the only position where we actually need a new first choice.

I'd love Deubuchy, but I'm not willing to break the bank for him. He'll soon be 27 so he'll have no resale value. Although he'll strengthen our team significantly. We need reinforcments in central defense too. Colo, Willy and Saylor are too slow. And ideally we need a better attacker who is capable of doing the job when dembax2 go on ACN.  If we manage to pull this off, and keep all our best players I'd be a very, very happy man.

8 mill....too much i guess

Yup, should rather use that money on Debuchy  :drool:

dont know anita (horrible ladies name btw) that well (thought he was lb).

for debuchy i wouldnt mind if we spend up to 15 mill. the match against england is the only time i have seen him. i now know what the hype is all about!

if we dont sell any profiles this window then RB is the only position where we actually need a new first choice.

Anita is a DM that can play LB and iam certain if we want him then we play at DM IMO and i also believe Anita and Debuchy are both targets.... Anita for DM and Debuchy for RB whether get them or not is another matter entirely.

from .com

While UK tabloids assert that Newcastle have had a £4m bid for Ajax midfielder Vurnon Anita turned down, the news from the Netherlands suggests that the Dutch international isn't available at any price.

The 23 year-old has three caps for the senior side but didn't make the final squad for Euro 2012 and although press speculation suggests Newcastle will need to double their bid, Amsterdam news sources quote Ajax as saying that there will be no deal for Anita and that he is contracted to Ajax and will not be allowed to hold talks with Newcastle.

The chances of United testing the resolve of the Eredivisie Champions with a massive bid seem to be fairly slim at this stage.

I love your optimism but DL said our initial offer most of the time is not far from our final offer. If we bid 4m we can go as high as 5m. Other wise next transfer window or other targets.