Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Somewhere between 5-10 mil wasnt it? Sure thats what the agent said.

I've not read any concrete figures. The agent has told VI that he knows the amount and understands why Ajax turned it down, so it's safe to assume we're not even close/trying it on..

Fair enough. Maybe I fabricated that figure but was sure id read it somewhere. He must be either badgering for a new contract with Ajax, or open to the move. Otherwise why would his agent of released the quotes?

Somewhere between 5-10 mil wasnt it? Sure thats what the agent said.

I've not read any concrete figures. The agent has told VI that he knows the amount and understands why Ajax turned it down, so it's safe to assume we're not even close/trying it on..

Yeah, we were having a few drinks. Nice fella, but wouldn't budge about how much Ajax wanted.

This summer's Erding

Naah, Anita actually seems a good player

In the sense it seems certain he's coming and nothing happens :pow:

Got that, just gave my views on the statement not made

So he can play LB or DM. What position do you think he would play for us if we got him? LB with Santon moving too RB?

He will play DM if we buy him and give Cabaye more attacking freedom if you think about it make sense....

We want Debuchy so that means we will have 2 attacking fullbacks and our 2 wide forwards like to come inside and Cabaye likes to push forward to join the attack.

So have Tiote and Anita sitting will give us the security we would need to allow our attack to flow.

If we have Ba, Cisse, Ben Arfa, Cabaye pushing on as well as 2 fullbacks who like to attack it almost means that we need 2 sitters to give us balance.

Anita can play as a fullback but i expect to us to play him as a DM if we are to sign him.

Also i realise Debuchy will be a difficult transfer to pull off but practically every fullback we have been linked with has been one that likes to attack i dont think Pardew would play with two attacking fullbacks, 3 forwards and a midfielder joining the attack at every opportunity without some extra defensive cover.

So all these DM links ( Anita, Mulumbu etc etc) do make sense if how we are going to play next season is how it looks like.

So he can play LB or DM. What position do you think he would play for us if we got him? LB with Santon moving too RB?

He will play DM if we buy him and give Cabaye more attacking freedom if you think about it make sense....

We want Debuchy so that means we will have 2 attacking fullbacks and our 2 wide forwards like to come inside and Cabaye likes to push forward to join the attack.

So have Tiote and Anita sitting will give us the security we would need to allow our attack to flow.

If we have Ba, Cisse, Ben Arfa, Cabaye pushing on as well as 2 fullbacks who like to attack it almost means that we need 2 sitters to give us balance.

Anita can play as a fullback but i expect to us to play him as a DM if we are to sign him.

Also i realise Debuchy will be a difficult transfer to pull off but practically every fullback we have been linked with has been one that likes to attack i dont think Pardew would play with two attacking fullbacks, 3 forwards and a midfielder joining the attack at every opportunity without some extra defensive cover.

So all these DM links ( Anita, Mulumbu etc etc) do make sense if how we are going to play next season is how it looks like.

:fwap: :fwap: :fwap:

Though I don't see the transfer likely, it would be amazing if that happens.

not being someone who watch's ajax in any sort of frequency I know little about him but trust our scouting department to have picked a good player

however have my doubts, can't see us signing anyone when an agent will give quotes to nufc fans of all people

Yeah what will probably happen is we sell Tiote, replace him with Anita, keep Cabaye deep and persist with 4-4-2 and tell our fullbacks to stay back  :scared:

But the optimist inside me says is 3 forwards, 2 attacking fullbacks, midfielder joining the attack and 2 sitting dm's in a 4-2-1-3 :D

"primarily to fill the left back position"

NEWCASTLE United have opened negotiations on Ajax’s Holland international Vurnon Anita – but their interest does not spell the end for Cheick Tioté’s St James’ Park career.

The Journal understands that United have registered their interest in Anita, although a senior Magpies source claimed discussions are still at a “preliminary” stage, and reports claiming a deal is close to completion have jumped the gun.

They have made an enquiry about the player’s value and availability and intend to contact the Dutch giants again this week, but a fee is yet to be formally agreed for the defender, who can also play in the holding midfield role.

Anita is understood to be keen on a switch to Tyneside, where he would primarily fill the left-back role rather than Tioté’s central midfield slot.

Although the chances of a deal appear encouraging, United have already illustrated that they will walk away from a transfer if they don’t feel they are getting value for money.

And the Magpies want to tie up a deal for less than the £7million quoted over the weekend for a player they have a long-standing interest in.

At 23 and as part of the Dutch international set-up, he ticks plenty of the boxes that were identified by Newcastle in their extensive planning meetings for this summer.

Crucially, he also has one of the major assets that United are looking for in their summer shopping – versatility.

He filled the midfield role for Ajax on several occasions last season and that has led some to speculate that Newcastle are ready to cash in on Tioté, who has attracted the interest of Chelsea, Manchester United and Tottenham.

Newcastle have made it clear that they would listen to offers in the region of £20million for the Ivorian, but a source close to the player told The Journal that there has been no contact with either the club or his representatives so far this summer.

And Tioté would not welcome interest either, having told his advisers that he wants to remain at Newcastle as part of Alan Pardew’s plans for an assault on four fronts next term.

Tioté’s French-speaking agent was in contact with Newcastle at the beginning of last week but the player’s future was not at the forefront of discussions.

It appears that Anita is being looked at to fill the left-back slot that proved troublesome for United last year.

Although Newcastle have Davide Santon in that role, concerns have been expressed about his progress by key figures at St James’ Park.

He improved markedly towards the end of the season but United are contemplating moving the right-footed Italy under-21 international to right-back next season, to see if it tightens up his defensive work.

AS Roma, who have benefited from a massive cash injection courtesy of new American owners, were linked with a move for the defender earlier this month.

However, Newcastle are not looking to sell Santon at this stage.

Meanwhile, United hope to reach a resolution on the long-running Danny Simpson saga over the next fortnight.

The right-back returns from a holiday in the United States this week with speculation continuing to swirl around a player who has been made available for transfer after failing to agree a new contract.

Simpson has turned down a new offer that would see him bumped up to around £25,000-a-week, but has told friends he wants to stay at United.

However, his availability has alerted both Fulham and Queens Park Rangers, who would expect to land him for around £2million.

United have contingency plans in place and are interested in Crystal Palace’s Nathaniel Clyne and France international defender Mathieu Debuchy, who will be watched by chief scout Graham Carr at the Euros.

Writing in a national newspaper column yesterday, Pardew dropped another heavy hint about Newcastle’s interest in Debuchy.

He wrote: “Just about every Premier League club will have scouts in Poland and Ukraine.

“From Newcastle’s perspective there are obviously players we know very well; there is one in particular I’m keen to look at.

“The worry is that if they do too well the agents and the player are suddenly in a stronger position and the cost goes up. As a manager you hope they do OK – but not too well.”

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/06/11/vurnon-anita-talks-don-t-mean-tiote-will-be-cashed-in-61634-31154562/#ixzz1xT8ZTiE3

Although Newcastle have Davide Santon in that role, concerns have been expressed about his progress by key figures at St James’ Park.

What's this s***  :idiot2:

Dont agree with this either! Cisse, Ba, Cabaye, Tiote, Ben Arfa, Jonas Coloccini and Krul are they key players in the side. Santon is very close to being a part of this group, with a little more consistancy and work defensively.

What's this s***  :idiot2:

Absolute rubbish is what it is.  Probably didn't even consider the possibility of two DMs so are just making idiotic conjecture and giving it a fake source to give it the illusion of credibility, welcome to the world of sports journalism.  Like 'key figures' would talk to them about that sort of thing :gm's patter:

Guest BooBoo

Santon made good progress last year but he never looked a truly solid defender. I'm content he'll continue to improve, but in fairness, the article's comment is not the most outrageous.

Santon made good progress last year but he never looked a truly solid defender. I'm content he'll continue to improve, but in fairness, the article's comment is not the most outrageous.

If anyone at NUFC is "concerned about Santon's progress" they want booting out immediately. Clueless.