Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Moses attitude is fine and working with Martinez has made him much better at the off the ball stuff than Hoilett is. He looked to be finally turning into a consistent player towards the end of the season, not worth £10 million though.

Nah he isn't, but i'd much rather us spend 10m on Moses than 16m on Carroll ffs. :angry:

Holy s*** mate, we get that you dont like/want Carroll. Every f***ing thread I go into.

Sorry mate, this is pissing me off more than selling any player could do. I'll stop now  :)

How does Moses have a poor attitude?

Well, maybe poor attitude was the wrong choice of words if you're going to be picky.  More that he's frustratingly selfish.  Of course that can be ironed out with work, I just don't think we should be spending £10 million on the bloke.

Would you say HBA is frustratingly selfish?

Nope, I've honestly never thought he's selfish. I think he gets a really good balance between setting other players up and going alone. When he's around the halfway line and our half he generally tries to bring others into play, when he's in the opposing half, there's a good balance between him racing down the right and cutting in and also spreading the play/delivering crosses.

The only frustrating thing is his consistency, but I don't mind that, his quality is good that of course he's never going to be as consistent as some other players

Moses doesn't have anywhere near the ability or class of HBA though.

Thing with Moses is that his decision making is horrendous. He'll stand out in teams with poor individuals like Wigan because he can run and dribble, but if he came here he'd be little more than an upgrade on Obertan imo.

Rather than Moses or Carroll i think someone like Kevin Mirallas from Olympiacos would be a better shout for us.

Technically good, Belgium international, fits the age range of our transfer policy (25), vesatile as he can play as a striker or from wide areas in a front 3. Looks pacey and a good finisher too (34 in 52 according to wiki) Albeit in the Greek league.

and best of all.................................. he's supposedly very good mates with the handsome bastard that is Yo Cabs and probably Debuchy too, from their time at Lille together.

Would be a lot cheaper than Andy Carroll and would fit our system much better imo.

I'm basing this entirely on what i've read regarding Anita, as i can't recall ever seeing him, but he sounds like he would be a decent addition to a pretty strong midfield squad. I think Jonas does extremely well in a deeper, more central role - particularly as he likes to draw the foul and is always a pass option for our flair players (namely HBA). However, if we're wanting to go all-out-attack in a match, Cabaye having the support of two proper banksmen in Anita and Tiote sounds very good on paper. In theory it should allow our 'front 4' almost complete freedom.

I had lost interest in this transfer as i thought it was dead in the water and (probably naively) got caught up in the Bigi bandwagon; but i'd like to see this sort of player in the squad next year. Can never have too many good centre-mids iyam. Him doubling up as a full-back would also provide valuable competition for places in a position which - although there may be a few who can fill in - pretty much picks itself at present.

As for Moses, i'd rather have him than Carroll. But then that's because of how much i don't want The Big AC back at the club.

Rather than Moses or Carroll i think someone like Kevin Mirallas from Olympiacos would be a better shout for us.

Technically good, Belgium international, fits the age range of our transfer policy (25), vesatile as he can play as a striker or from wide areas in a front 3. Looks pacey and a good finisher too (34 in 52 according to wiki) Albeit in the Greek league.

and best of all.................................. he's supposedly very good mates with the handsome bastard that is Yo Cabs and probably Debuchy too, from their time at Lille together.

Would be a lot cheaper than Andy Carroll and would fit our system much better imo.

Good shout actually, seen him play a few times and he's always looked a cut above in that league (not that it's hard). He's actually being linked with Liverpool & Arsenal at the moment.