Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

We should just be honest with the guy and tell him he'd be backup to James Perch.

Nah. Second to Simpson. After all. Wasn´t he a good wing back...

Serious though. The part about him wanting guarantees seems quite daft. He will get plenty of games either way. And should he even be a super success he may take one of Tiote or Cabayes places. Or pardew will just play them all.

In worst case he may haft to play at the back. But just in worst case.

So that shouldn´t be a problem. This only start to smell very much a money problem with him or his agent.

I see no reason why he should want to stay at home either. Ajax will never go far i CL for a long time and the quality isn´t that great. Would be weird if he would chose Holland over England (no offence).

I think we'll tell him he'll play as much as possible. He doesn't have that much of a reason to leave so giving him strong assurances might swing it.

Playing 2 DM's at home against bottom half teams/poor European teams isn't something I'd want to see, so he might find himself on the bench more than he'd like.

Depends on the formation.  You need two holding midfielders in a 4231 and it is still an attacking formation.  You just need two attacking fullbacks and the holding midfielders will fill in for them.  In a 442 and 433 I agree, two holding midfielders is a bit of overkill.

Raiola is a cunt of the highest order. You can be sure he was brought in to engineer a move and he will want a considerable pay packet for his role in the negotiations. I have a feeling this deal is far from done and personally I wouldn't mind if it breaks down altogether.

Raiola is a c*** of the highest order. You can be sure he was brought in to engineer a move and he will want a considerable pay packet for his role in the negotiations. I have a feeling this deal is far from done and personally I wouldn't mind if it breaks down altogether.

:idiot2:

I think we'll tell him he'll play as much as possible. He doesn't have that much of a reason to leave so giving him strong assurances might swing it.

Playing 2 DM's at home against bottom half teams/poor European teams isn't something I'd want to see, so he might find himself on the bench more than he'd like.

It depends really if we get another attacking fullback in then i don't see it as an issue, what Anita is really is a defensive playmaker he will do more in an attacking sense as far as building attacks go than any bog-standard DM.

If we do play with 3 forwards and 2 attacking fullbacks and Cabaye is in the role he played against Stoke etc etc then we would need someone like Anita.

I don't really call it defensive, balanced and fluid yes but not defensive and quite frankly i would expect to see that midfield 3 against most teams depending on injuries, rotation etc etc small or not.

Personally i can't see us spending 6m on a back up midfielder, he will start IMO he's right to talk to the manager first to understand what we want from him but i would be quite shocked if he isn't being bought to start alongside Tiote and Cabaye.

Raiola is a dick, though, so he's someone to be concerned about. Even though we'll probably convince Anita to join, both sides are stubborn in negotiations so even if a compromise is reached, it won't be soon.

Said it a million times, but as long as we get the players we want before the deadline i really couldn't care less if it happens tomorrow or August 31st.

Takkie ‏@VoetbalFilosoof

RT @VoetbalFilosoof: #Anita op weg naar #Newcastle. #Gespot op #Schiphol. Vaarwel en good luck Vurnon! - @voetbalzonenl

Translates:

Takkie @ Football Philosopher

RT @ Football Philosopher: # # Anita on the road to Newcastle. # # Spotted in Schiphol. Goodbye and good luck Vurnon! - @ Voetbalzonenl

Raiola is a c*** of the highest order. You can be sure he was brought in to engineer a move and he will want a considerable pay packet for his role in the negotiations. I have a feeling this deal is far from done and personally I wouldn't mind if it breaks down altogether.

What? I don't particularly rate him and I don't think we need him. I would hazard a guess and say I've seen more of him than you have?

people need to start blaming agents, at the end of the day, its the player who employs the agent not the other way round.

if a player is desperate enough to join a club, his agent will do exactly what the player demands.

Not sure it's that simple, unless there is one clear club that a player is desperate to join, and right now. In reality a player will usually have a range of options.

So this guy thinks he's equally good, or better, than Tioté and Cabaye (granted he's going to play MID)?

As much as I trust Carr's judgement, I find it alarming that quotes in the media suggest he wants reassurance of guaranteed first-team football. I have no doubt he'll get to play many games, he just needs to understand that he'll have to show he's up for it and prove himself.

The quotes from his dad (if true) should not have found their way to the newspapers. Good luck to him if he signs - hope he's fucking Godlike and take EPL with storm just like Cisse.

What? I don't particularly rate him and I don't think we need him. I would hazard a guess and say I've seen more of him than you have?

In fairness though mate, you yourself have admitted your judgement might be clouded by how much you dislike Ajax.