Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

I think he's our best right back and it showed last night. He gets closer to his opponent than either Perch or Simpson, and is nimble enough to recover when he's slightly out of position. He's also much more confident than those two when going forward. That's where we should play him.

As Dyezzon has said, it's more difficult for him to adjust in CM, coming from the continent. There's not as much time on the ball, and referees will allow challenges that would be called fouls elsewhere.

Was class at RB and nullified the threat of Baines and Pienaar but at CM atm he seems to have not got use to the pace of the league yet.

Until he does then he should play RB for me or at least have Perch or Tiote alongside him in the middle.

Jonas, Anita and Cabaye was far too lightweight.

My small complaint about him would be that he doesn't often look for the short pass when playing fullback and tends to do a Simpson and hoof it forward, albeit with more accuracy and pace mind, but humping it forward nonetheless. in DM he seems like he likes a quick tempo game, which we haven't been playing so far this season, we are yet to find our rhythm across midfield.

Need Tiote.

I don't think he's suited to a 'dynamic' midfield role at all, he doesn't have the physicality for it, not with just 1 other central player at least. He's either got to be sitting in front of the back 4 doing a pure defensive job or be part of a 3 where he can help control possession with his short passing game and cover defensively.

He's our best right back though, no doubt. He's solid enough defensively but makes intelligent runs, is comfortable on the ball and puts in a good delivery.

I don't think he's suited to a 'dynamic' midfield role at all, he doesn't have the physicality for it, not with just 1 other central player at least. He's either got to be sitting in front of the back 4 doing a pure defensive job or be part of a 3 where he can help control possession with his short passing game and cover defensively.

He's our best right back though, no doubt. He's solid enough defensively but makes intelligent runs, is comfortable on the ball and puts in a good delivery.

Is that a polite way of saying he's as weak as piss in midfield?? We looked much better when him and perch swapped.

Is that a polite way of saying he's as weak as p*ss in midfield?? We looked much better when him and perch swapped.

Well, no, I think he'll flourish in a midfield 3 and that'll be where we see the best of him but a midfield 2 doesn't really suit his talents. It doesn't look like we're going in that direction though and I think he's a perfectly adequate RB until we buy someone else.