Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

If he doesn't want to play full back long term he went about it the wrong way today, he was great.

He did mention in an interview that he'd be willing to play anywhere so yep, think we have our RB if Simpson's out for a while.

If Anita's happy to play right back Simpson should be irrelevant.

If he doesn't want to play full back long term he went about it the wrong way today, he was great.

He did mention in an interview that he'd be willing to play anywhere so yep, think we have our RB if Simpson's out for a while.

If Anita's happy to play right back Simpson should be irrelevant.

Wait and see I guess. Though I'm pretty sure that Simpson (if fit that is) is going to be Pardew's first choice RB for the foreseeable future (or for the next four months).

Kinda depressing how you could instantly notice the difference in having someone in Simpson's place who is more comfortable on the ball. :laugh:

Most people around me were moaning about our luck when Simpson started holding his thigh and I said it might be a blessing in disguise.  It's just a pity that our overall display was poor and we didn't get to see how much of a difference it could have made.

Really looked like it had potential having him bombing on, on the over-lap. He's definitely got the pace to play fullback anyways. Would like to give it a try when tiote is back as long as he doesn't hate playing there, which he didn't seem to.

Plus it maybe beneficial in helping him settle into the premiership more rather than in a 2 man midfield.

Love how Pardew said in his interview on NUFCTV on Anita

"When he went to right back he added to us, brought a bit of quality going forward"

:D

http://media.zenfs.com/en_GB/Sports/Eurosport/623288-10120156-640-360.jpg

Yeah it was like an "in ya face Danny"

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

He's still adjusting to the league, and playing in one of the most influential positions of CM in the best league in the world is not an easy task. I think he's been looking better at RB because it does not need as much adjusting, and he has such unspectacular company to compete with.