Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Guest hydeous

I'm pretty sure this is the guy who'll be playing the next three games. And with an in-form Cabaye with him and the magnificent Colo behind him, I really hope we'll see the best of Anita in the next 3 games. Could be the silver lining of the poor decision that got Tiote suspended. Let's hope for the best.

He doesn't have the psychical ability for the defensive midfield role in the Premiership.

And i suppose Lucas, Carrick, Arteta, Barry etc etc do? the physicality thing is well overplayed.

Besides i think your find most would see him in the role he had against Bordeaux which isn't really "defensive midfield" that's more Jonas role when we played 4-3-3 last season.

I think our best side on paper would be:

Krul

Simpson      Saylor        Coloccini  Santon

Tiote          Anita

HBA                      Cabaye          Ba

Cisse

Anita playing more as a tucked in left midfielder, with Santon attacking the wide areas and Ba dropping in to help defensively. We just need to play with more fluidity, when attacking, let Ben Arfa roam inside, Cabaye push forward, Ba go central, Cisse pull out wide etc.

Krul

Tiote          Anita

Cisse

Anita playing more as a tucked in left midfielder, with Santon attacking the wide areas and Ba dropping in to help defensively. We just need to play with more fluidity, when attacking, let Ben Arfa roam inside, Cabaye push forward, Ba go central, Cisse pull out wide etc.

I think your team, with the exception on Anita is spot on.  I dont think he has done enough yet, on paper or not, to warrant that role.  Perch on current form and standing, would take that place for me (for now).

He doesn't have the psychical ability for the defensive midfield role in the Premiership.

And i suppose Lucas, Carrick, Arteta, Barry etc etc do? the physicality thing is well overplayed.

Besides i think your find most would see him in the role he had against Bordeaux which isn't really "defensive midfield" that's more Jonas role when we played 4-3-3 last season.

None of those are 5ft 5" and about 9 stone wet through though.  Barry and Lucas are strong players as well, so fail to see your angle?

I personally like the look of Anita, but he does seem miles off the pace.  No coincidence he's looked good in Europe both times he's played, also we've started with a 4-3-3 of sorts in those games.  Seems much more rushed and panicky in the Prem.

Guest hydeous

Not perch. He's a good holding midfielder, I expect more from that position. Jonas has done well there, I'd like to see Anita there though. I think he's a good player who's going to get really good with some playing time in this league.

Not perch. He's a good holding midfielder, I expect more from that position. Jonas has done well there, I'd like to see Anita there though. I think he's a good player who's going to get really good with some playing time in this league.

Agreed, there's a lot more to come from this guy once he gets more games.

Krul

Tiote          Anita

Cisse

agree

None of those are 5ft 5" and about 9 stone wet through though.  Barry and Lucas are strong players as well, so fail to see your angle?

I personally like the look of Anita, but he does seem miles off the pace.  No coincidence he's looked good in Europe both times he's played, also we've started with a 4-3-3 of sorts in those games.  Seems much more rushed and panicky in the Prem.

I would not say any of them are strong, they are all intelligent players with proper football brains with superb distribution and positional sense.

Physicality is not really a must at the top level in that position especially when most teams dominate the ball it's more about intelligence and positioning there really isn't many enforcer types around any more.

Anyway as majority of said give him time and he will come good.

Krul

Anita - Taylor - Colo - Santon

Jonas - Tiote - Cabaye

HBA - Ba - Cisse

... tbh.

Seemed a bit nervy with crosses as hes a tiny fella who could get destroyed trying to clear. But I really like his pace going forward and his passing.

Would maybe like to see him down the right, the lad can cross and would provide good cover for simpson.

Krul

Simpson  Taylor  Colo    Santon

Tiote

Anita      Cabaye      Jonas

Ben Arfa

Ba\Cisse     

Or

Krul

Anita      Tiote      Jonas

Ben Arfa    Cabaye

Ba\Cisse     

Would maybe like to see him down the right, the lad can cross and would provide good cover for simpson.

Krul

Tiote

Ben Arfa

Ba\Cisse     

Or

Krul

Ben Arfa    Cabaye

Ba\Cisse     

When Simpson is doing what exactly? Too busy attacking like Cafu?

Krul

Tiote

Ben Arfa

Ba\Cisse     

Or

Krul

Ben Arfa    Cabaye

Ba\Cisse     

When Simpson is doing what exactly? Too busy attacking like Cafu?

Making fuck up's

Simpson played well against the mackems to be fair. He gets some undeserved stick considering how much we pay him and how much we got him for. He must be one of the cheapest right backs in the league.