Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Still have no idea what he's supposed to contribute. I think he's an Emperor's New Clothes player for many on this forum.

Keep telling yourself that because nobody actually thinks that, because most consider him our best DM which isn't hard don't mean we think he's the best thing ever.

A large number think he's miles better than Colback and then there's stuff like "Anita's been criticised by quite a few, most of them without any vision"

Still have no idea what he's supposed to contribute. I think he's an Emperor's New Clothes player for many on this forum.

Keep telling yourself that because nobody actually thinks that, because most consider him our best DM which isn't hard don't mean we think he's the best thing ever.

A large number think he's miles better than Colback and then there's stuff like "Anita's been criticised by quite a few, most of them without any vision"

In that position yes, because Colback is incapable of playing that position because his positional awareness is disgustingly crap. Up to me i'd get rid of both, my biggest stance on it is though is Anita is actually a DM and positions himself properly most of the time, Colback is a CM in the Gosling mould although obviously he's not Gosling bad and can't play DM to save his life.

Gash like the rest of them. I believe his potential is higher than Colback's, that's the only reason I rate him any higher.

They are fundamentally different players as well mind.

Anita is more of a ball playing anchor where as colback is more of a box to box central midfielder.

Obviously neither of them excel at the roles they are meant to.

Not sure why they are compared anyway, as you say one is a DM and the other is a B2B CM. That's my stand point anyway, it's not like i rate Anita that highly i just rate him higher as a DM as we have better CMs than Colback anyway.

Spot on.

Not sure why they are compared anyway, as you say one is a DM and the other is a B2B CM. That's my stand point anyway, it's not like i rate Anita that highly i just rate him higher as a DM as we have better CMs than Colback anyway.

:thup: yeah, they are different players but you have the same problem with each of them (especially when played together) in that they both cannot effect our attacking play at all, I assume that's what Dave getting at anyway.

We're not only lacking in penetration from midfield when we play them both there but we're also lacking up top too by dropping De Jong/Perez/Aarons etc. It's mental.

They currently play together in the same holding role, that's why they're compared. Every single match. :lol: If neither are suited to that or they're incompatible, that's for the manager to resolve. Instead people like to come into this thread and ask why Anita gets overrated.

Edit: :thup:

I like Vurn, but I see him being absolutely useless if he's paired with Colback. Who is also useless. Our "2" needs to be a 3, or it needs to be 2 new people. Neither can tackle great, or make a killer pass, they are cogs and sort of not good ones to our overall effectiveness on both ends of the pitch.