Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Guest reefatoon

At least he has the ability to pass forward. Would take him over ginger any day of the week

He didn't pass the ball forward and into the box once last night, not once.

Which other players passed into the box? Our RB had 3 of our 4 shots because of it. So that is a ridiculous thing to criticise Anita for :lol:

Of course it isn't. Just because other players aren't doing their jobs properly that doesn't mean we can't criticise Anita for not doing his on a thread entitled "Vernon Anita" ffs! They're all culpable and if you go to the Colback or Sissoko thread you'll see they come in for the same criticism.

What a stupid thing to come out with. It's like saying just because he's not Colback we can't pick fault with him when in reality they're both as much to blame as each other for not doing what they're supposed to be doing.

Agree, he is like teflon with some people.

At least he has the ability to pass forward. Would take him over ginger any day of the week

Which other players passed into the box? Our RB had 3 of our 4 shots because of it. So that is a ridiculous thing to criticise Anita for :lol:

Of course it isn't. Just because other players aren't doing their jobs properly that doesn't mean we can't criticise Anita for not doing his on a thread entitled "Vernon Anita" ffs! They're all culpable and if you go to the Colback or Sissoko thread you'll see they come in for the same criticism.

What a stupid thing to come out with. It's like saying just because he's not Colback we can't pick fault with him when in reality they're both as much to blame as each other for not doing what they're supposed to be doing.

They are both as shit as each other in CM. But if Anita not passing the ball into the box is your biggest grievance with him last night, then something is wrong with the way you analyse football matches.

They are both as s*** as each other in CM. But if Anita not passing the ball into the box is your biggest grievance with him last night, then something is wrong with the way you analyse football matches.

But I never once said it was my biggest grievance of him. I was simply responding to another post. You've just made that up tbh.

Your points would be a lot more valid if you could spell his, admittedly difficult 6 letter, name correctly.

They are both as s*** as each other in CM. But if Anita not passing the ball into the box is your biggest grievance with him last night, then something is wrong with the way you analyse football matches.

But I never once said it was my biggest grievance of him. I was simply responding to another post. You've just made that up tbh.

Normally when you single something out, it's something you yourself, deem to be a problem. Why else would you mention it?

Your points would be a lot more valid if you could spell his, admittedly difficult 6 letter, name correctly.

It makes not a bit of difference to the point I made. You're clearly clutching at straws if a misplaced letter is the best retort you can come up with.

Normally when you single something out, it's something you yourself, deem to be a problem. Why else would you mention it?

I mentioned it in response to a post on the previous page that said at least he passes the ball forward. I replied saying he didn't make a single forward pass into the opposition penalty area. At no point did I say that was my biggest grievance of him. Really not sure how you can't get your head round that.

It makes not a bit of difference to the point I made. You're clearly clutching at straws if a misplaced letter is the best retort you can come up with.

I actually agree with what you said Wellsandmug. Just an observation.

My main issue with him last night is, if he is being asked to pivot, where he is receiving the ball. He was in a virtual back 3 at times last night, it's way to deep and our midfield was way to spread to do any building of play effectively.

The tactic itself is pretty common, isn't it? Split the centre halves, stick a DM between and push the full backs up to try and stretch narrow teams? You're right about our own shape being too stretched, though, massive hole in the middle that Colback and Wijnaldum needed to help fill.

Yeah it is but when you're doing it 25 yards from goal away from home it ain't the best.

Especially when he isn't capable of a decent long pass out to the wide players

I mentioned it in response to a post on the previous page that said at least he passes the ball forward. I replied saying he didn't make a single forward pass into the opposition penalty area. At no point did I say that was my biggest grievance of him. Really not sure how you can't get your head round that.

Nope. Somebody said he has the ability to pass forward, thus why he should be selected over Colback. Nobody said that he passed it forward last night. You appear to be assuming. Really not sure how you can't get your head round that.

Nope. Somebody said he has the ability to pass forward, thus why he should be selected over Colback. Nobody said that he passed it forward last night. You appear to be assuming. Really not sure how you can't get your head round that.

He doesn't have the ability to pass the ball forward though. In fact statistically in terms of goals scored and created in their respective times as NUFC players, Colback is the better of the two offensively. That says all you need to know about Anita. Couple that to the fact that he's also useless defensively and it's a struggle to make a case for him being anything other than a totally pointless player. You can continue to try to make a case for him though by all means.

Why would he be making passes into the opposition penalty area if he is the defensive midfielder who is going to spend 80% of the game in his own half? If it was Wijnaldu or Colback you were complaining about I could understand.

If I was going to pick a fault with Anita yesterday it would be that he didn't do a good job at man marking Payet, if that was actually his brief.

Why would he be making passes into the opposition penalty area if he is the defensive midfielder who is going to spend 80% of the game in his own half? If it was Wijnaldu or Colback you were complaining about I could understand.

If I was going to pick a fault with Anita yesterday it would be that he didn't do a good job at man marking Payet, if that was actually his brief.

There we go :thup:

And here's another Anita apologist. If you bothered to watch it last night you would know the pundits also picked up on it. He's doing nothing of note in either half of the pitch. Like I said, pointless player.

My main issue with him last night is, if he is being asked to pivot, where he is receiving the ball. He was in a virtual back 3 at times last night, it's way to deep and our midfield was way to spread to do any building of play effectively.

The tactic itself is pretty common, isn't it? Split the centre halves, stick a DM between and push the full backs up to try and stretch narrow teams? You're right about our own shape being too stretched, though, massive hole in the middle that Colback and Wijnaldum needed to help fill.

Yeah it is but when you're doing it 25 yards from goal away from home it ain't the best.

Especially when he isn't capable of a decent long pass out to the wide players

This. This. This.

He had two pretty good forward passes in the game but in general. It's just side to side. He passed the ball to Coloccini 10 times. Colback did it 8 times. Anita to Colback 6 times. Anita to Wijnaldum? 5 times. You can't play both Anita & Colback, they do absolutely nothing with the ball.

West Ham's most frequent combos? Payet to Noble 10. Noble to Payet 8 times. Payet to Moses 8 times.Cresswell to Moses 8 times.

Our most frequent combo: Colo to Mbemba.

And here's another Anita apologist. If you bothered to watch it last night you would know the pundits also picked up on it. He's doing nothing of note in either half of the pitch. Like I said, pointless player.

I was just addressing your point that he made no passes into the opposition penalty area which as the deepest lying midfielder isn't really what he's in the team for. As for the pundits they were having a go at the make up of the central midfield trio, not just Anita specifically.

I was just addressing your point that he made no passes into the opposition penalty area which as the deepest lying midfielder isn't really what he's in the team for. As for the pundits they were having a go at the make up of the central midfield trio, not just Anita specifically.

Anita was one of the players they were having a go at. I'm discussing this on the Anita thread. Can't really see the issue you have with this.

Guest alijmitchell

While I tend to give Anita more time than most. Him and colback really need to be dropped. As mentioned they've offered little either way. Would prefer tiote and wijnaldum

Tiote always wants the ball, the other two do not. Whenever he's played alongside either of them (sigh) he tends to make close to twice as many passes. He also attempts to play the situation in the game. If we are down, he's going for that forward pass and it's going to be ugly.

He doesn't lose the ball as a % of his passes anymroe than the other two. But he makes a lot more passes so the increase in poor passes looks worse.

Basically. He's not a "nothing" player. But he'll play terribly very loudly.